Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Renaud,

I know the game has been around for awhile now, but I am glad I discovered it and wanted to publicly thank you for taking the time to create such a GREAT game. It captures the essence of the historical events of the "flavor" of the period as well. The strategy is deep, the components beautiful, and the time it takes to complete is within reason (not 6 to 8 hours!).

I read your designer notes in the "Scenarios and More" PDF here on BGG, and took note of your prioritization of family life and greatly appreciate that. I love to play historical war games with my sons and this one allows me to do so without compromising other responsibilities. My 11 year old son loves the game saying it's his new favorite (and he loves Twilight Struggle, Washington's War, Commands and Colors: Napoleonics, and No Retreat, so your game is in very good company!). Thank you for all your efforts. They are blessing a good number of families and working class men with good, clean, educational, brain-exercising fun. Blessings,

Jim Lee
Tyrone, Georgia, USA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Thanks. Very kind of you. It is particularly meaningful that your son enjoys playing it with his dad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed Jim, this is on heck of a great game!

If you liked it, you'll also Love Renaud's gem of a game on the US Civil War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
Indeed Jim, this is on heck of a great game!

If you liked it, you'll also Love Renaud's gem of a game on the US Civil War.

I own it but keep putting off playing it. Must...get...it..to..the..table
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I just looked at it the other night. It does look very good and I don't have any civil war games except the light "Battlecry." May have to give it a try.

Hey, Carl. I sent you a message asking for a Vassal game of Age of Napoleon. Did you get it? Let's do it! By the way, I'm really enjoying No Retreat with my son, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GA Jim wrote:

I just looked at it the other night. It does look very good and I don't have any civil war games except the light "Battlecry." May have to give it a try.

Hey, Carl. I sent you a message asking for a Vassal game of Age of Napoleon. Did you get it? Let's do it! By the way, I'm really enjoying No Retreat with my son, too!

Yes do look into it.

OK I saw your message, and just answered, sorry for the delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.