Subject: Ettins in two-player First Blood? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Daniel
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
Hey all, I have a quick question. Picked up the game today and I'm about to play a two-player game with my boyfriend, beginning with First Blood. In the setup instructions for the quest, it says to use two ettins, one of which is Mauler. In a two hero game, though, you're only supposed to have one ettin in play at a time according to the creature card. Having never played Descent before, I'm not sure of the relative power between Ettins and players. Should I do the two Ettins as the quest setup dictates, or just one (which would be Mauler)? Hope that made sense, and thanks for any help y'all can provide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just used one last night (also a two hero game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use group limits. Since you only have one Ettin. That must be the one you pick. In a 4 hero game you could choose between the red and tan one. Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:
Use group limits. Since you only have one Ettin. That must be the one you pick. In a 4 hero game you could choose between the red and tan one. Have fun.

I read it that in a 4p game you got both: one red and one tan?

Oh hang on, when you say chose, you mean chose the one with extra HP to be Mauler!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
At no point do the setup instructions say to use two ettins. They simply instruct you to place the ettins (however many there are) on the northern-most tile and choose one (however many there are) to be Mauler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
bleached_lizard wrote:
At no point do the setup instructions say to use two ettins. They simply instruct you to place the ettins (however many there are) on the northern-most tile and choose one (however many there are) to be Mauler.

Maybe it's how the person reads it. The first time I did a 2p First Blood I remember seeing something similar and thinking "so should I have two?". But yes, always respect the group limits on the cards unless something in the quest explicitly says to ignore group limits.

Good luck questing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.