Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In paying grain to move family members up the church hierarchy, can I move a family twice by paying one grain and followed by 2 grain? Is there restriction in how you can move fm up in the church hierarchy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you may move a family member twice.
No, there are no restrictions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
But first calculate the outcome...

For example, one of my friends had 5 grain with 1 member in the 4 window, 2 members in the 2 window, and 1 member in the 3 window. She wanted to pay 4 grain to move a member to the 6 window. This would have given her a total of 13 prestige points for final scoring.

I told her that paying 1 grain each for the members in the 2 window, and 2 grain for the member in the 3 window would be better because it would give her a total of 14 prestige points for the same amount of grain.

So yes, a member can move more than one space while moving through the church by paying grain cummulatively. This is a good tactic if you're trying to gain the majority of influence for 2 prestige points. But always compare moving multiple members one space each versus only one member multiple times to see which gives you more prestige points.

EDIT: and by the way, she already had the majority so it was pointless of her to move into the 6 windowm spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.