Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Last Night on Earth: Timber Peak» Forums » News

Subject: Pre-Orders are up! Stock up pre-orders too! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mary Beth Magallanes
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone,
I'm happy to announce that we've put up the official pre-order for LNOE: Timber Peak, ATOE: The Coast, and ATOE: Hero Pack 2! We've put together a special Limited Edition Pre-order Pack for The Coast and Timber Peak that includes two alternate image promo cards, two exclusive promo 1" buttons, and a collectible photo, signed by the cast and crew a very limited number of these photos were made and are exclusive to Web store Pre-orders and Convention Previews. Yes, that means were are planning on having preview copies of the new products at GenCon with the pre-order bonuses. This Limited Edition Pre-Order is only available while supplies last. Remember that we ship these pre-orders out as soon as we receive the product, and we send them in the order that we received the pre-orders.

For all of you interested in getting the Stock Up Supplement for Last Night on Earth, we have a limited number we're putting up and are shipping out on the 20th of August.

We've also got all new poster art prints for those interested, and as always they come with your choice of two promo cards.

Here's the link to all the new stuff: http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogProductions/Categories...
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
i wanted to order as i always do but this time the shipping charges are as high as the game...

i bought many things from your site but this is the first time that the shipping costs are so expensive.

is there a problem ? can you do something ?

thanks in advance for your help Mary Beth !
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Beth Magallanes
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:
i wanted to order as i always do but this time the shipping charges are as high as the game...

i bought many things from your site but this is the first time that the shipping costs are so expensive.

is there a problem ? can you do something ?

thanks in advance for your help Mary Beth !


I'm sorry shipping costs are so high. Shipping anywhere is ridiculously expensive these days. USPS shipping is the cheapest way we can ship internationally. To ship just Timber Peak, we have to charge $47.50 to France. Actual shipping cost with no packaging or handling cost is actually more expensive than that. I can tell you, our store does have some issues combining shipping on a lot of products. If you are ordering a lot of products, and you have a choice, domestically or internationally, if shipping with USPS choose first class. Anything over 13 oz. in the USA will automatically ship Priority anyway. Any time you are overcharged significantly for shipping we will refund your card or Paypal account ASAP.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Sarcasmo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to order but there's no non-US option for the combined Coast and HP2. Should I use the US one (to Canada), or will you but up a non-US one?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Beth Magallanes
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsarcasmo wrote:
I'd like to order but there's no non-US option for the combined Coast and HP2. Should I use the US one (to Canada), or will you but up a non-US one?


Hi,
Anything that doesn't have a US or NON-US customers description is for all customers. The US and NON-US customer distinction is just because we use flat rate boxes for US customers and without separating the items like that, our US customers would be overcharged. All customers may purchase the combined Coast and HP2.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same issue with shipping costs and import fees/administration costs for big items, the total amount I end up paying is just too much.

I will go through my usual dealer to get the game but is it somehow possible to get the promotional cards?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
I have the same issue with shipping costs and import fees/administration costs for big items, the total amount I end up paying is just too much.

I will go through my usual dealer to get the game but is it somehow possible to get the promotional cards?


Good question, i asked my usual dealer if they can order them...
I hope flying frog will help us to make it possible.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Sarcasmo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soundgirl wrote:
mrsarcasmo wrote:
I'd like to order but there's no non-US option for the combined Coast and HP2. Should I use the US one (to Canada), or will you but up a non-US one?


Hi,
Anything that doesn't have a US or NON-US customers description is for all customers. The US and NON-US customer distinction is just because we use flat rate boxes for US customers and without separating the items like that, our US customers would be overcharged. All customers may purchase the combined Coast and HP2.


Thanks.

FYI, at the bottom of the page for the Coast/HP2 combo order it says it's for Something Wicked and HP1.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
soundgirl wrote:

For all of you interested in getting the Stock Up Supplement for Last Night on Earth, we have a limited number we're putting up and are shipping out on the 20th of August.


Why do you only have a limited number?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:
Angelsenior wrote:
I have the same issue with shipping costs and import fees/administration costs for big items, the total amount I end up paying is just too much.

I will go through my usual dealer to get the game but is it somehow possible to get the promotional cards?


Good question, i asked my usual dealer if they can order them...
I hope flying frog will help us to make it possible.


The answer is they cannot have the goodies...

Marybeth what can we do ?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrique Mussoi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to know the shipping costs before check out, Mary? I don't want to create an account just to see if I can afford the game or not.

Thanks in advance
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Beth Magallanes
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsarcasmo wrote:
[q="soundgirl"][q="mrsarcasmo"]

FYI, at the bottom of the page for the Coast/HP2 combo order it says it's for Something Wicked and HP1.


Thanks for the heads up. I've fixed it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Beth Magallanes
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Guybrush wrote:
Is there a way to know the shipping costs before check out, Mary? I don't want to create an account just to see if I can afford the game or not.

Thanks in advance


Hi,
You can always e-mail admin@flyingfrog.net and tell him what you would like to get and he can tell you how much shipping will be. However, I can tell you for big box items like Timber Peak or the Coast, anything that isn't in the US, Canada, or Mexico is going to run you $47.50. And as stated before, that is actually less than what we pay. Smaller, items, however, vary, and I believe start at around $4.00. The Stock Up supplement alone will cost $5.84 (Again, to anywhere but USA, Canada, or Mexico.)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrique Mussoi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so the game costs double for me, that's not affordable.

Thanks anyway for the quick reply!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Sarcasmo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered Timber Peak and the ATOE combo pack (for a total of three games), and shipping was $47.50 to Canada. This works out to a total of (roughly) $60 each for The Coast and Timber Peak and $40 for HP2. I know it's not ideal (and I do have American relatives that I could ship it to but I'd rather not wait), but it's the cost of doing business. Oh well. Honestly, at any of my local game stores the costs would be very similar with their mark up, and this way I get the promos.

Bottom line is, I can afford it and I bought it. In the end, it's as simple as that.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Kernel
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oops... Ordered all three as well :D Hooray!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:
powerwis wrote:
Angelsenior wrote:
I have the same issue with shipping costs and import fees/administration costs for big items, the total amount I end up paying is just too much.

I will go through my usual dealer to get the game but is it somehow possible to get the promotional cards?


Good question, i asked my usual dealer if they can order them...
I hope flying frog will help us to make it possible.


The answer is they cannot have the goodies...

Marybeth what can we do ?


Flying Frog ?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Sarcasmo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:
powerwis wrote:
powerwis wrote:
Angelsenior wrote:
I have the same issue with shipping costs and import fees/administration costs for big items, the total amount I end up paying is just too much.

I will go through my usual dealer to get the game but is it somehow possible to get the promotional cards?


Good question, i asked my usual dealer if they can order them...
I hope flying frog will help us to make it possible.


The answer is they cannot have the goodies...

Marybeth what can we do ?


Flying Frog ?


You'll find that Flying Frog seems to find answering these questions quite distasteful. There are a lot of threads on this site about Flying Frog and people complaining about not being able to get the promo cards, either due to not wanting to buy online and support their local store, or buying the game after their "promo" period is done. I did miss the original promo release of LNOE and whined quite a bit about not having the promo cards. The answer was always "no," as in there is no way to get them except buy buying something off their site. I think that in an attempt to appease the fans, they started giving away your choice of promo cards when you buy one of their "art" posters. You can look at it as buying a poster with free promo cards, or buying promo cards with a free poster . . . however, they only usually do this quite a while after the original release of the game.

The bottom line is, the promo cards are meant to reward people for buying directly from their site, because they make more money that way. You can sometimes get them at places like Gencon. Other than that, you won't get them.

I have managed over the years to have a complete set of every released promo card for all of their games. There's over 40 for LNOE alone that use the promo numbering system. It's taken a lot of money buying games and supplements and figures and such directly from their website to do so. It's doable, you just have to be willing to spend the money.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsarcasmo wrote:
powerwis wrote:
powerwis wrote:
powerwis wrote:
Angelsenior wrote:
I have the same issue with shipping costs and import fees/administration costs for big items, the total amount I end up paying is just too much.

I will go through my usual dealer to get the game but is it somehow possible to get the promotional cards?


Good question, i asked my usual dealer if they can order them...
I hope flying frog will help us to make it possible.


The answer is they cannot have the goodies...

Marybeth what can we do ?


Flying Frog ?


You'll find that Flying Frog seems to find answering these questions quite distasteful. There are a lot of threads on this site about Flying Frog and people complaining about not being able to get the promo cards, either due to not wanting to buy online and support their local store, or buying the game after their "promo" period is done. I did miss the original promo release of LNOE and whined quite a bit about not having the promo cards. The answer was always "no," as in there is no way to get them except buy buying something off their site. I think that in an attempt to appease the fans, they started giving away your choice of promo cards when you buy one of their "art" posters. You can look at it as buying a poster with free promo cards, or buying promo cards with a free poster . . . however, they only usually do this quite a while after the original release of the game.

The bottom line is, the promo cards are meant to reward people for buying directly from their site, because they make more money that way. You can sometimes get them at places like Gencon. Other than that, you won't get them.

I have managed over the years to have a complete set of every released promo card for all of their games. There's over 40 for LNOE alone that use the promo numbering system. It's taken a lot of money buying games and supplements and figures and such directly from their website to do so. It's doable, you just have to be willing to spend the money.


you're right but i made many orders on their site but this time the shipping is just too high...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Guybrush wrote:
Is there a way to know the shipping costs before check out, Mary? I don't want to create an account just to see if I can afford the game or not.

Thanks in advance
Hate such stores. And there's probably a million or so of them. Hundreds of thousands? Tens?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the shipping costs for international consumers they could just had sold goodies with no other necessary purchase.. The shipping cost of a card or five is reasonable.

Even better don't do goodies at all. Put more items in the boxes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Li
Canada
flag msg tools
Is shipping to Canada really $33.45?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne Aubert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb

I've ordered it 2 days ago (of course, with The Coast too), and the shippind cost is 47$ to Montréal.

Any idea of when the orders will be shipped ? Would it be around the end of August ?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ack!!! I missed the news... Hope I haven't missed out on the pre-order bonuses. Just placed my order.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.