Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no intention of asking anyone to break the pubblisher's IP, but before I buy SNAFU, I would like to know how the solo scenario works, and, especially, how the enemy AI works.

Like I said: I am not asking to post the rules, or anything, but just some insight on how the AI works.

can anyonw give me a hint?

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john roberts
United States
georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
It's programmed on a mission by mission basis. So, for the first solo mission, Sturms and Bombers hightail it to the closest ape. Blitzhunds move towards the closest ape but won't enter LOS unless they have enough AP to make an attack, assuming they survive the run.Drohnes shoot at any present apes and if nothing is in LOS they have a preset point that they will move to and then camp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robertsjf wrote:
It's programmed on a mission by mission basis. So, for the first solo mission, Sturms and Bombers hightail it to the closest ape. Blitzhunds move towards the closest ape but won't enter LOS unless they have enough AP to make an attack, assuming they survive the run.Drohnes shoot at any present apes and if nothing is in LOS they have a preset point that they will move to and then camp.

Thanks bag

So, the AI is pretty straightforward: enemies close in on the apes, and attack only when they can... simple and effective...

I'm interested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do the battle cards work in the solo rules?
And how is the turn bidding (and nr. of command points) solved? Is there any?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john roberts
United States
georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Jan,

Depends on the scenario. Certain battle cards are specifically selected and placed into a deck. Those cards are designated either for the allies or the swd as per the scenario. Cards are then fliped with cards being applied as per the "side" they are affiliated with.

Turn bidding is rendered down to a die roll
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems logic. Thanks for the explanation, John.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.