Subject: To buy or not to buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manoj Agarwal
India
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

1) I have A Touch of Evil including the Something Wicked Expansion. Should I go in for FORTUNE & GLORY?

2) I am also looking for a game with mechanics different from Pillars of the Earth, Age of Empires Age of Discovery, Settlers of the Stone Age and Ticket to Ride. What would be a good choice?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're looking for a lighter, fast adventure game with a pulpy theme, you might want to check out: _Race for Adventure_ (from Evil Hat games makers of Dresden Files RPG and Spirit of the Century. Caveat: It's not yet published, just successfully Kickstarted, and I haven't played it yet. Howvere, it looks like a similar theme and a lot faster, light game.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On The Wagon!
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As you guide your cursor over the blue avatar a strange feeling of dread comes over you.
mbmbmbmbmb

I really like FanG, and chances are if you enjoy Flying Frog games, that you will to. it's got a whole bunch of stuff going on, lots of things to do in the game. Plus it can be played solo / co-op / competitive.

Not to mention, if you watch certain whistle threads on certain websites, you know they are already working on an expansion.

I say go for it !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kinsey
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I say go for it. I picked it up at GC2012 and have not regretted it - great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:

Not to mention, if you watch certain whistle threads on certain websites, you know they are already working on an expansion.

I say go for it !

Any clues to where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On The Wagon!
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As you guide your cursor over the blue avatar a strange feeling of dread comes over you.
mbmbmbmbmb
dragoncymru wrote:
Mulligans wrote:

I say go for it !

Any clues to where?

http://rpggeek.com/thread/818471/more-fortune-more-glory-fan...

this is a nice big fan created expansion... but if you notice the second post in the thread.... sweet !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Marcil
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) My experience is that FanG definitely really does gives you the feeling of an Indiana Jones adventure. If you enjoy that then you can't go wrong if you buy it. Also, I found having the music of a soundtrack from the Indiana movies or TV series playing in the background further enhances the experience. As well, the fact that it has different modes of play to suite your mood and circumstances (i.e. number of players) is an asset.

2) Suggestions for other games with different mechanics of play: Galaxy Trucker, Merchants and Marauders, 7 Wonders, RoboRally, Small World, Trans America, Castle Panic (with expansion)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you like AToE, and you're attracted to the ideas behind FanG, you'll love it. It was our gateway game, and it still regularly hits the table. Biggest perk is that competitive and cooperative play almost like two entirely different games, which is great for adding variety.

Can't wait for an expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farrell Seymore
United States
Opelika
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortune and Glory is a definite buy if you already have AToE (and enjoy it). I was in your same position as I played a ton of AToE. I purchased FANG in June and have enjoyed it tremendously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manoj Agarwal
India
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx a ton!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.