United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
By Myke Maldonado, who's done work in Heavy Metal, the Men In Black comics, some graphic novels and such:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
What will it look like when you're a grandfather?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
What's it going to look like come Autumn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
What will it look like when you're a grandfather?

Hopefully, it will fade and wrinkle and age appropriately with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:
What's it going to look like come Autumn?

Not as sore...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. Some day I want to make a game where all the art is photographs of people's tattoos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Nice. Some day I want to make a game where all the art is photographs of people's tattoos.

Wow, I wonder what the clearance rights to that would be. Would you need the canvas and the artist permission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/card/Details.aspx?name=Mar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my latest.

It's not done yet, needs some coloring in and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The scary thing is where Jarred has that tattoo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Guess That Limb!

PS. Obama! (this thread now meets minimum qualification standard for an RSP post)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb

Green Man
by Type O Negative

Spring won't come, the need of strife,
To struggle to be freed from hard ground.

The evening mists that creep and crawl,
Will drench in the dew and so drown.

I'm the green man
The green man.

Sol in prime sweet summertime,
Cast shadows of doubt on my face.

A midday sun, its caustic hues,
Refracting within the still lake.

I'm the green man
The green man.

Autumn in her flaming dress,
Of orange, brown, gold fallen leaves.

My mistress of the frigid night,
I worship pray to on my knees.

Winter's breath of filthy snow
Befrosted paths to the unknown,
Have my lips turned true purple

Life is coming to an end
So says me, me wiccan friend,
Nature coming full circle.

Winter's breath of filthy snow
Befrosted paths to the unknown,
Have my lips turned true purple

Life is coming to an end
So says me, me wiccan friend,
Nature coming full circle.

I'm the green man
The green man
I'm the green man
The green man
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Guess That Limb!

PS. Obama! (this thread now meets minimum qualification standard for an RSP post)

It was already an R thread, didn't need P.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
I think getting a tattoo is just stupid and the vast majority of them look like crap.

I can understand that the subjective aesthetic to you is "crap", but I don't get the absolutist "stupid" part. Are you saying that someone would have to be of low intelligence to get a tattoo? What are the negative elements that someone would have to be stupid enough to miss in order to get a tattoo? Is there some sort of risk assessment that people are too dumb to accurately make?

Or are you just using the word "stupid" due to a lack of vocabulary on your part? Isn't it more likely the case that you don't understand the motivations behind people getting tattoos because you don't share those motivations? If so, wouldn't it be more accurate for you to say "I think I'm too ignorant of the facts to understand why people get tattoos and the vast majority of them look like crap?

Really, when Armageddon comes, how is Satan going to know us apart from the goody-two-shoes if we don't wear the mark?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
chaendlmaier wrote:
I think getting a tattoo is just stupid and the vast majority of them look like crap.

100% agree. They really are the ugliest things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like tattoos much just in terms of aesthetics and would never get one, but if you do like them and you're happy with the one you got specifically, congrats.

As far as the "OMG employability" yeah, I absolutely do take people with visible tattoos or unusual piercings less seriously as potential employees, but as long as the tattoo is under clothing most of the time I don't think it matters.

As far as the "OMG you will get old" yeah we will all look different and probably worse when we get old. That is not a reason not to get tattoos.

The primary reason I would never ever get a tattoo is that I think virtually every tattoo I've ever seen looks like crappy amateur art that I wouldn't hang on my wall let alone have on my body, and the few really good tattoos I've seen look interesting but not something I'd want to see in the mirror every day for the rest of my life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:

I can understand that the subjective aesthetic to you is "crap", but I don't get the absolutist "stupid" part. Are you saying that someone would have to be of low intelligence to get a tattoo? What are the negative elements that someone would have to be stupid enough to miss in order to get a tattoo? Is there some sort of risk assessment that people are too dumb to accurately make?

Or are you just using the word "stupid" due to a lack of vocabulary on your part? Isn't it more likely the case that you don't understand the motivations behind people getting tattoos because you don't share those motivations? If so, wouldn't it be more accurate for you to say "I think I'm too ignorant of the facts to understand why people get tattoos and the vast majority of them look like crap?

Really, when Armageddon comes, how is Satan going to know us apart from the goody-two-shoes if we don't wear the mark?

I think anybody that doesn't consider the implications/repercussions of getting the tattoo, projected out through current -> 5 years -> 10 years -> 20 years -> 40 years, etc is stupid. This is especially true for tattoos that cannot be easily and reasonably hidden.

That said... if they do... well, I still think they're a little crazy, but at least they've thought it through. Many haven't.

Same goes for any other non-reversible body art, such as tooth grinding, tongue splitting, ear plugs, excessive piercings, plastic surgery, etc.

PS - This is not directed at Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oy, yeah that is one that looks pretty universally bad whenever I've seen it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Radcliffe
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:
ear plugs

Oh yeah those. One of the fashion trends everyone will laugh about in 20 years.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but fashion trends have barely changed in the last 20 years. Chances are that in a couple of decades they will still be fashionable! gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
SabreOfParadise wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:
ear plugs

Oh yeah those. One of the fashion trends everyone will laugh about in 20 years.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but fashion trends have barely changed in the last 20 years. Chances are that in a couple of decades they will still be fashionable! gulp

Now I'm picturing everyone in Australia dressed in early 90's clothes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris White
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"My dad beat me 'cause mine said "Mother"
But my mother naturally liked it and beat my brother
'Cause his tattoo was of a lady in the nude
And she thought that was extremely rude."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
chaendlmaier wrote:
... But I also think they're stupid because they cost quite some money, hurt a lot, usually are not as good as envisioned and I believe everyone is going to regret getting a tattoo at some point. ...
So you're not only against gay marriage.

But straight marriage as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:

Same goes for any other non-reversible body art, such as tooth grinding, tongue splitting, ear plugs, excessive piercings, plastic surgery, etc.

well you appear to have listed only things which are reversible there..

can get caps on teeth pretty easily, ear plugs can be closed up pretty easily (i know several people that have closed their own). piercings can be easily removed most of the time, the quantity of them makes little difference. the mast majority of properly done plastic surgery can be undone if need be. Tongue splitting heals up by itself in a short period of time, you need to keep having it redone, and it rarely has any permanent effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
femgoth wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:

can get caps on teeth pretty easily, ear plugs can be closed up pretty easily (i know several people that have closed their own). piercings can be easily removed most of the time, the quantity of them makes little difference. the mast majority of properly done plastic surgery can be undone if need be. Tongue splitting heals up by itself in a short period of time, you need to keep having it redone, and it rarely has any permanent effects.

You're not as clever as you think you are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
femgoth wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:

You're not as clever as you think you are.

i know my level.. it doesnt include listing things that devalue my own opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.