Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Koppmeyer
Germany
Kaarst
flag msg tools
mb
Guys,

after my first experience with SPQR Deluxe I must ask some questions which are not clear to me.

1. Cavalry line
Is there a difference between Cavalry and Infantry concerning a line ?

2. Sequence Line Command and Reaction Fire
By using a LC first all units in the line are moved before the opponent can react. What exactly does that mean? I have a line of five units. I now move the first unit. Then the second which enters the flank of an enemy unit. Is the enemy immediately allowed to use „Reaction Target Facing“? My third unit moved into the ZOC of another enemy unit. As I read the rules the enemy unit is not allowed to use immediately Reaction Fire. After all of my units have moved and four are marked with “Must Shock”, how exactly is the sequence? Do first all defenders use RF (even two times if two units in its ZOC) or may the attacker first fire their missiles? Or are missiles fired immediately if the unit moves?

3. Rout
How exactly does a unit rout? Can the routing unit in the moment if it must rout the two hexes, freely decide where to go? The rules say the unit is switched 180 degree and moves two hexes. Now what if both hexes in its rear are blocked by enemy ZOC? Can the unit decide to rout without switching. Is it complete free where to go even if that would mean to rout directly toward the opponents board edge?

4. Rout and Shock in a Line Command
There was a LC issued and now it is the phase doing the TQ checks for attacker and defender. If a unit assembles Cohesion >= its TQ, does it rout immediately (and the attacker immediately advance) or are first all TQ checks resolved and then are all Routs done. Who decides the sequence in which the routs are done?

5. Shock TQ for Stacked units
If a Stack must make a Shock TQ then only the TQ value of the top unit is used as per 6.68. Does this mean that there is only one check or are there two checks, but both use the TQ of the top unit?

Thanks for any help.

CK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Christian,

... writing the answer ... be patient ... snore

F.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Infantry must be by units Flank-to-Flank or (but not "and") Front-to-Rear, any lenght, without regard of to command range: is sufficient that at least one is in command;
Cavalry must be ALL in command range and not necessarily adjacent or Flank-to-Flank or other.

2)
- Yes, only if the first unit does not enter its zoc.
- You decide which unit attacks first and the sequence.
- Rf is done if a enemy units enters your units ZOC and until is marked Missile NO, then enemy fires-
- Your unit can fire when moving if it does not enter an enemy ZOC and thus can continue to move until ends its MA.

3)

- The Routing unit MUST retreat vs his friendly line/friendly map edge as indicated by scenario setup.
- If blocked by enemy ZOC, your units dies!
- No, it must switch 180°.
- In the case that the only hex free is vs the enemy edge, Yes but the second hex MUST be vs friendly edge so ... probably ... it dies!

4)

- Units routing by TQ check before Combat must rout immediately and in order they are rolled; units routed after the combat in the same manner.

5) Only one check and only with the top unit TQ, hits must be divided equally between the two, etc.

Ciao,

F.

P.s.: Ask if you had any further questions, happy to be helpful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ol Appalachia
United States
flag msg tools
2) You may fire after you enter a ezoc. Entry reaction fire takes place first before moving unit's. Also note a unit can't use entry and return fire at same unit. Re: 8.2

3) Well there seems to have been some "liberalization" of the rout movement rules across newer editions and games. The older editions just said move straight back no exceptions, and you can play that way still.

See the Play Note under 10.22. The rule isn't worded in super detail due many different situations that can come up. 10.22 gives what usually happens with units attacked from the front or flank. Reface directly to Retreat edge and move straight if no obstructions. The Play Note gives some leeway with unconventional situations. The Play Note is also talking about the Rout Movement Phase where units move their full MA, where they can change facing to move around enemy units, but only the minimum needed.

4) All Pre-shock checks happen simultaneously. Just go left to right or v/vsa. down the line. I'll re-face the onees that rout in-hex if there's a chance their enemy unit(s) will rout too, as a reminder that they are routing if the enemy doesn't. If there's no chance I rout them 2 hexes immediately. Then tq check the enemy line. If both rout refer to 10.16.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.