Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
For now I can easily get Runewars in french but can't see the expension in french anywhere. Is there supposed to be a french version of it? In canada? If not I'll buy both in english if yes then in french!

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
[G]RRRRRRRRRR
badge
[G]RRRRRRRRRR
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some idea of how this works for the German versions of FFG expansions, and I assume that this also goes for the Frensh versions. (Note that it is somewhat different for the base games, because for those the publishers aim for relatively short delays...)

Other language versions of expansions are prepared (translated and all that) after the publication of the original English expansion. However, they are not printed until the English version requires a second printing, because then the reprint and all the other language versions can be printed at the same time, which cuts down production cost. Unfortunately, this can mean that you may have to wait quite some time until the other language versions of games' expansions hit the shelves, depending on how fast a reprint of the English version is required. If the expansion doesn't sell very well, this can mean a considerable amount of waiting.

Rumours have it that other language versions of Banners of War could be delayed until 2013.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lippert
Germany
flag msg tools

I still think the expansion will show up in differentz languages. But based on the thought of Michael (which sounds coherent to me) it won't show up quickly.

I suggest also it'll come out in 'our' languages in 2013.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
another geek
Switzerland
flag msg tools
this is the nice US service by FFG. customers? fu

With Descent FFG made some troubles too, bc they want to do money with the 2nd Edition...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M B
France
FONSORBES
Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
French version is at last available since end of march 2013 from EDGE !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.