Tsuro» Forums » Variants

Subject: mystery tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bob atkins
United States
California
flag msg tools
I've always thought that the starting wide open board could be expanded upon in tsuro. so this variant changes it so it will be different every game.

after everyone has chosen a starting space, everyone will get to put down a set number of tiles face down on the board. you will take a tile without looking at it and place it on the board. you cannot place a tile like this in front of another players piece. another important thing: when you end next to a face down tile, do not flip it over. this tile will instead be your next move. you may rotate the tile when you flip it up, but you must use it.

all the rest of the rules are the same.

In a 2 player, have each person put down 3 tiles.
In a 3-4 player, have each person put down 2 tiles.
In a 5-8 player, have each player put down 1 tile.

the ideal number of tiles i think is 6 random ones, so the number per player is only to be fair and give each player an equal number of tiles. If you're like me and want 6 no matter what, simply take 2 different dice, one for horizontal and one for vertical, and roll use the roll to randomly place 6 tiles. re-roll any repeats. if you do the game this way, place player pawns after you have these on the board, and do not start in front of a random tile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Makis
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems like a pretty fun variant. We'll have to try that next time we roll out Tsuro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.