Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
216 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

Andean Abyss» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Andean Abyss Forum Game #3 - The boys are back in town.. and jungle, mountain, city and LOC. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is for the negotiation, threats, and unseemly begging that the players of Andean Abyss Vassal Game #3 will undertake in order to defeat all comers and emerge top of the Colombian pile.

I'm looking to improve on a rather horrendous losing margin of -21, despite being in what I imagined was a position of growing strength I actually came last.

The factions of Colombia have engaged in some musical chairs and are now arrayed thus:

The Factions

The Government:

Marstov
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

AUC:

It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb

FARC:

Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb

The Cartels:

Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Unfortunately the Glorious Leader of the Revolutionary Forces of Colombia is quite busy at work so if somebody else wants to set the deck and board go right ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'll set the deck and get things started.

Good luck to all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Set up and first action done, as AUC got the first card.

I've put it in the AA game 2 folder for now. Perhaps someone with greater 'puter skillz than I could start a new dropbox folder, because that's indistinguishable from magic as far as I'm concerned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Done.

Look out for the invite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shauneroo wrote:
Set up and first action done, as AUC got the first card.

What was it? Now that we're sworn enemies I need to spend the afternoon plotting your downfall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ha!

It was Demobilitazion. AUC moved some of our Government friends troops, and put a couple of Guerillas in cities.

Op Millenium is up next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like a Propaganda card got left behind in the deck preparation window, that may be a problem...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So it did. I have no idea how that happened, as I created the deck exactly as I've done before, and exactly how it should be done.

Best start again then.

I'll do a new one now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shauneroo wrote:
Best start again then.

It wouldn't be a proper game unless we had to re-do the deck at least 4 times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Government first up on Madrid Donors.

Drogas De Rebaja on deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
New file added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you need to redo it again, and keep redoing it until a Cartels event comes up first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marstov
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As we set out on this new adventure, I just want everyone to remember:

I'm from the government. I'm here to help.

Right now I'm going to help myself to some very generous foreign aid.

Government takes the event.

Cartels up next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cartels? What cartels? We are but small businessmen; a craft guild, really. Anyway, we Pass. AUC is up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
AUC take Terror and Assasinate, hitting FARC early, and letting the Cartels know they are around too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El Comandante Shauneroo has decided that he's beholden to no one, poking all 3 other factions...a bold move, Comandante....

Cartels takes the event. FARC is up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
To anyone in the Peanut Gallery, if you want to follow events more closely, PM me with your email address, and I'll send you the logfiles as we go along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FARC rally and extort.

Large show of strength by FARC but it's more like firing AK47s into the air than actually developing any bases.

AUC up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Perhaps unsurprisingly given that 'Bloques' is next up,AUC pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marstov
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Newspaper, TV and radio ads trumpet: "COLUMBIA NEEDS HER SONS! COME JOIN THE ARMY AND NATIONAL POLICE!" A massive recruiting drive by the government sees a lot new troops and police flooding key cities. Increased police presence along with community outreach sees approval for the government grow in the important city of Cali.

Government Trains and Airlifts.

And in the grasslands, the ominous sounds of helicopter herald the arrival of new troops to pacify the recently terrorized countryside. Let the enemies of Columbia beware!

AUC is up next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
AUC take the event.

Sensing that the time may be right to make a Financial Killing rather than some political killings, AUC place their free guerilla and base into the mountain region of Cesar-La Guajira.

Our informant within the Government Treasury had better be right about those coffee prices...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the sound of helicopters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cartels Rallied and Cultivated. Government, pay no mind to those green cylinders, those are just junior middle-managers in training. We actually hate the communists as much as you do.

Government is first eligible on Coffee Prices, with Tres Esquinas on deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Knight
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marstov wrote:
Newspaper, TV and radio ads trumpet: "COLUMBIA NEEDS HER SONS! COME JOIN THE ARMY AND NATIONAL POLICE!" A massive recruiting drive by the government sees a lot new troops and police flooding key cities. Increased police presence along with community outreach sees approval for the government grow in the important city of Cali.

Government Trains and Airlifts.

And in the grasslands, the ominous sounds of helicopter herald the arrival of new troops to pacify the recently terrorized countryside. Let the enemies of Columbia beware!

AUC is up next.

Love the banter in this game and hate to do this but...

It is COLOMBIA not ColUmbia.

Cheers,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marstov
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thud13x wrote:

Love the banter in this game and hate to do this but...

It is COLOMBIA not ColUmbia.

Cheers,

Thanks for the correction. I keep worrying someone from Colombia will read this thread and be offended by our rather broad portrayal of a difficult period in their history. The least I/we can do is spell the name of the country correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.