Fluffy Fluff
msg tools
Hello all,

for me the atmosphere in WoA is very boring because of following points (3 player games):

- If a duergar or kobold occurs it brings new monsters in play. But before the monsters can reach and hit the hero the monsters are dead. Further the duergar and kobold aren´t a danger for the heroes because they don´t attack the heroes on the tile (if not adjacent). Therefore mostly the more monsters have no effect and the heroes lose fewer HP as in the other games.

- The bosses are too weak
Scenario 4:
If you reach the chamber and draw the dwarf chamber or the kobold chamber then there is no tension in the ending. I don´t like the chamber cards.

- Most scenarios are too easy
Scenario 12:
For me it wasn´t a problem to break down the vast gate during 5 moves (Two daily powers and it is down). I didn´t lose one of these games. I think this scenario has to be more difficult in the official version because of the mini campain with scenario 13. I wish to lose scenario 12 to continue with scenario 13 as mini campain.

What is your opinion to my points?
There are user scenarions only for WoA. I don´t like to mix the stuff of the games.
There are some ideas to make the original WoA game more interesting? (Without use of new cards and so on)
- For example with change of the dwarf and kobold movement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One easy way to dial up the difficulty is to use the treasure tokens in all scenarios.

I actually like the sentry mechanic, but I do think that they overdid it with two types of sentries. I swapped the kobolds in the CR and WoA, but if you don't want to mix the game components, then this fix is not for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you don't want to mix the games, it's all about imagination.
Use only one surge or none; Start with no treasures; Use more than one vilain at your adventures (mini boss and the last one); Make All games with this objective: after meet the "win" condition, you must escape from dungeon. . .
Try those and tell us if you can do it devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree that the villains in WoA are generally easy compared to CR but this is because there are more monsters with 2HP and some rather nasty hazard encounters.

As per other replies, the game does offer plenty of ways to tune the difficulty of existing adventures before you have to resort to custom scenarios. Another would be to start without initial treasures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluffy Fluff
msg tools
I did some changes last time which makes the game more interesting:

- no initial treasure cards (but treasure system without tokens)
- duergar and kobold third option is "within 1 tile of a hero then move adjacent and attack the closest hero"
- Trap encounters not cancelable with 5XP but thieves (if they draw the encounter, perhaps also if the card is drawn by a hero on the same tile as a thieve) have the option to disable it before the trap occur with a die roll 16 or higher

But I have to test if this system is also ok for duties against ashardalon or beholders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
https://www.twitch.tv/gamerhudson
badge
https://www.instagram.com/gamer.hudson/
mbmbmbmbmb
I havent even read how treasure tokens work what do they do?

Are they substitutes for drawing a card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.