Subject: new player, confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand most things. however there are 2 things that seem to have gotten jumbled up in my mind after reading (twice now).

what is the difference between nemisis, archnemisis, and mastermind?

how exactly does the masterplan cards work? if you complete a master plan you get all 3 abilities? then how does the one that makes opponent loose 5 victory points work?

probably simple answers, I just need a new set of eyes so to speak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
I understand most things. however there are 2 things that seem to have gotten jumbled up in my mind after reading (twice now).

what is the difference between nemisis, archnemisis, and mastermind?

how exactly does the masterplan cards work? if you complete a master plan you get all 3 abilities? then how does the one that makes opponent loose 5 victory points work?

probably simple answers, I just need a new set of eyes so to speak.

Nemesis refers to the master villain that is opposing your team. Archnemesis is a special title given to the nemesis of the winning team. It means that they can be active on any plot. Mastermind refers to a plot in which your nemesis is active (usually signified by a lightning bolt).

The masterplan cards come into play on lightning bolt/mastermind headlines (which is any headline for the archnemesis). When the hero team challenges one of those headlines, the player controlling the nemesis can decide to get the nemesis involved. If he does this, the heroes have to battle the nemesis after battling the regular villain. If the nemesis wins this fight then they can put one of the masterplans in play. The first time it happens, you put the prologue card in play. The second time, you put the development in play. And then if it happens a third time, you put the conclusion in play. So the only way to get that -5 victory point card in play is to have the nemesis defeat the heroes three times in mastermind headlines.

Hope that made sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes thank you! I guess I got confused by the book saying once you successfully do a mastermind plan, you can't do it again. I guess they needed to word it, once you get the whole plan into play.

also nice to see a buffy fan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
am I right that you only draw resource cards by abilities & other resource cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
am I right that you only draw resource cards by abilities & other resource cards?

Whenever you take a Story Action, you get a Resource card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well that'll help greatly, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.