David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
I have obtained a copy of AFAOS. It says 4003 on the box, so I was thinking it was the 2nd edition as the pictures show on the bgg editions. But, it does not have 2nd edition printed on the box or the instructions, so now I'm thinking it might be the first edition. Does the 2nd edition have "2nd edition" printed on the box?

If it's a first edition, what do I need to do to make this playable? Do I use all of Martin's recommended fixes? I've never played. I know there is an issue with Halifax Hammer, but couldn't tell you what it is or how to do it. Never played online via Yucata...

Do I print of and use the 2nd edition rules?

Thanks for the advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Be Excellent To Each Other
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2nd edition has 2nd edition printed on the front of the box under the title on the right and in the same place on the front of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
As Oliver stated, it will say on the box and rules 2nd Edition.

Since you seem to have 1st Edition, I would print out the 2nd Edition rules. It only changes a few things so you don't have to make significant changes to your game. I believe all you'll have to do is remove the French Bateux from the starting deck. I have the rules, but I'm lazy...

Anyway, yeah, use the 2nd Ed rules. And enjoy the game - it's tons o' fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathstroke wrote:
As Oliver stated, it will say on the box and rules 2nd Edition.

Since you seem to have 1st Edition, I would print out the 2nd Edition rules. It only changes a few things so you don't have to make significant changes to your game. I believe all you'll have to do is remove the French Bateux from the starting deck. I have the rules, but I'm lazy...

Anyway, yeah, use the 2nd Ed rules. And enjoy the game - it's tons o' fun!

Yep.

And the specific rules changes between the 1st and 2nd edition are listed right on the front page of the 2nd Ed. rules, so you don't have to read two sets of rules and try to figure out what the changes are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.