Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3449

The Sting is killer card! Allso new Gandalf version is guite interesting, but not as good as the old one. The Thorin Oakenshield is very good in Lore wice!
Very interested in how the treasure system will work out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dwarf decks are just getting ridiculous. Poor Elves. And Rohan. And Gondor. And...

I wish they'd split up the trait abilities more. For example, if Oakenshield's ability counted warriors there would still be a lot of synergy with the dwarfs, but there would be interesting choices to make between playing warriors who are not dwarfs and dwarfs who are not warriors.

On the other hand, what an awesome character.

Oh yeah, and Gandalf is pretty cool too. Plenty of ways decks can more than handle the extra threat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bookwormral Bookwormral
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Up to now I haven't found many reasons to choose Bilbo, but with Sting as an option I will be picking him many more times. Love it!meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cosined
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bookwormral wrote:
Up to now I haven't found many reasons to choose Bilbo, but with Sting as an option I will be picking him many more times. Love it!meeple

The treasure system still needs to be explained. If you can only use treasure in Hobbit scenarios, then you'll have to use the Hobbit Bilbo, not the one already available. Hobbit Bilbo's sphere pays out towards quest situations, and will probably need to be present for all Hobbit run-throughs. And alas, uniqueness would eliminate the option of the other Bilbo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the older post it has been said that you can only use treasures in this Epic adventure. Also other "pipe" sphere cards belongs that category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.