Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After trying to replay the example, I have come across a couple errors (as far as I can tell). Please rectify me if I'm wrong. Also, don't hesitate to add any I may have missed.

1- p.22, 2nd column, 3rd paragraph, 6th line. The battle plan shouldn't be placed on Brempt, since he is not the second most skilled force. It should have been assigned to Dichat (inf) or Provera.

2- p.23, 1st column, 1st paragraph, 6th line. After flipping Macquard, Dichat should be placed on its line formation, according to the last step of the melee battle plan.

3- p.23, 1st column, 2nd paragraph, 2nd line. Serurier's default battle plan should be March instead of Advance.

4- p.23, 1st column, 2nd paragraph, 3rd line. According to error #2 above, Dichat is not in column, so the shock check should not automatically fail.

5- p.23, 1st column, 2nd paragraph, 6th line. Macquard's default battle plan should be Fire instead of Attack.

6- p.23, 1st column, last paragraph, 3rd line. Macquard's default battle plan should be March instead of Advance.

I hope this will help new players to go through this very useful part of the rulebook!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

me again

fardoche wrote:
After trying to replay the example, I have come across a couple errors (as far as I can tell). Please rectify me if I'm wrong. Also, don't hesitate to add any I may have missed.

1- p.22, 2nd column, 3rd paragraph, 6th line. The battle plan shouldn't be placed on Brempt, since he is not the second most skilled force. It should have been assigned to Dichat (inf) or Provera.

correct. The rules are wrong.

fardoche wrote:

2- p.23, 1st column, 1st paragraph, 6th line. After flipping Macquard, Dichat should be placed on its line formation, according to the last step of the melee battle plan.

correct. The rules are wrong. He should be moved to line formation according to the first step of his default battle plan "combat".

fardoche wrote:

3- p.23, 1st column, 2nd paragraph, 2nd line. Serurier's default battle plan should be March instead of Advance.

You`re doing this assumption several times (see below):To "advance" is one part of the default battle plan "march". So everything is correct.

fardoche wrote:

4- p.23, 1st column, 2nd paragraph, 3rd line. According to error #2 above, Dichat is not in column, so the shock check should not automatically fail.

correct. The rules are wrong.

fardoche wrote:

5- p.23, 1st column, 2nd paragraph, 6th line. Macquard's default battle plan should be Fire instead of Attack.

"He attacks" is based on the default battle plan "Fire", on which you can read the command "attack". The corrseponding enemy battle plan would not be "attack" but "combat". So the wording "attack" is correct in my point of view, since it`s part of the default battle plan "Combat".

fardoche wrote:

6- p.23, 1st column, last paragraph, 3rd line. Macquard's default battle plan should be March instead of Advance.

Same "error" like before: "March" is a default battle plan and based on that one command on it is "advance". So he "advances" while using the battle plan "march". So no error in the rules...in my point of view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree that the terms Attack and Advance refer to an action of the battle plan, I feel the example should refer to the exact name of the battle plan for the sake of consistency. However this is more a matter of clarity than factual error, indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.