Subject: Availability of the 2 promo cards for pre-order customers. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering if anyone knows for sure whether or not the Needle Rapier and Tattered Threads of Reason promo cards are ONLY available as a pre-order from Plaidhatgames?

I was going to pre-order from Coolstuff along with other stuff to get free shipping, but if you can truly only get the promo from Plaidhat then I might go that route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
troybowers wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone knows for sure whether or not the Needle Rapier and Tattered Threads of Reason promo cards are ONLY available as a pre-order from Plaidhatgames?

I was going to pre-order from Coolstuff along with other stuff to get free shipping, but if you can truly only get the promo from Plaidhat then I might go that route.

I don't know for sure, but unless CSI says it includes the promo cards, it probably doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the statement from Plaid Hat was that the promo cards would be made available from them at conventions. They may be made available for a price later, but I'm getting old and the memory no longer serves as it once did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess would be if you ordered M&M related products at some point, the promos would be an option to add onto the order similar to how they do it with the SW promos. It's one way to help them get people to directly order from them versus somebody like CSI who will offer it for less. It's the reason I'm finishing off my collection of SW through PHG once the reprints happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Berry
msg tools
I just preordered directly from the Plaid Hat online store. You get the two promo cards with your pre order from the company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Cory from CoolStuffInc and even he doesn't know if they will be giving out the promos for pre-orders. They haven't received any info from the distributor or publisher that they will be getting any. If they do, then yes, they will include them with all pre-orders but there is zero guarantee that will happen. Right now it seems like the only way to get them is by pre-ordering via Plaid Hat directly.

Perhaps the GeekStore will get them down the road? A guy can dream, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender Wiggin wrote:
I asked Cory from CoolStuffInc and even he doesn't know if they will be giving out the promos for pre-orders. They haven't received any info from the distributor or publisher that they will be getting any. If they do, then yes, they will include them with all pre-orders but there is zero guarantee that will happen. Right now it seems like the only way to get them is by pre-ordering via Plaid Hat directly.

Unless they've changed the policy, promos will not be available anywhere but directly from Plaid Hat. You can get them via the preorder for free now. Later, you may be able to get them at conventions or from Plaid Hat for a fee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender Wiggin wrote:

Note how many promos they have for Summoner Wars. Those are a Plaid Hat item. CSI saves you a buck. A buck. Even if you have a discount from them, it's simply not worth it to buy from CSI if you want the promos. My guess is you'll get your copy sooner from Plaid Hat as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Ender Wiggin wrote:

Note how many promos they have for Summoner Wars. Those are a Plaid Hat item. CSI saves you a buck. A buck. Even if you have a discount from them, it's simply not worth it to buy from CSI if you want the promos. My guess is you'll get your copy sooner from Plaid Hat as well.

It wasn't the cost of the game I was looking at, but rather the free shipping through CSI rather than the $12 shipping from PHG. Also I need to hit $100 for free shipping and I can't do that without Mice and Mystics, there aren't any other games I'm looking to preorder besides Trajan and the new RftG expansion which together add up to just over $100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't making an argument for or against ordering the game via CSI. OP asked specifically about it and since nobody else had an answer, I asked CSI directly. Unfortunately, the answer was a definitive "I don't know."

Anyway, for someone building a potentially $100+ order via CSI it's a perfectly valid question. He would be saving way more than a buck after you factor in shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.