Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Memoir '44» Forums » Rules

Subject: Battle or fire on units when both Allies & Axis are in same forest,forest hexes. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bob ruth
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
If an Allied Infantry unit or Armor unit & an Axis Infantry unit or Armor unit are in the same special terrain hex,forests,forests hedgerows,towns-villages battle or fire on each other when they are next to each other or two or more of the special hexagons away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob,

Can you please re-phrase that question as I'm not sure exactly what information you need?

Regards,

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clexton27
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may usually fire on / battle oppnents in adjacent hexes (unless you are an armored unit firing out of a town hex into your adjacent opponents town hex). You usually have no restrictions on your dice when firing out of your terrain, so the only dice reductions are for firing INTO your opponents terrain. Calculate the terrain reductions and any reductions for range and this should answer your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There can only be one side in a hex!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ankh van Thara
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This question is about Axis & Allies Miniatures game I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coene Peter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
There can only be one side in a hex!

I think he meant to say 'on the same sort' of terrain hex.
If an ordered unit can battle it can Fire whether it's hiding on a town hex or forest. The number of dice you can fire with is something else and you must indeed calculate how many you can use to anihilate your opponent as mzungu explains

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming no other effects from the card played...

If you're attacking with infantry/armor in a forest against an enemy in an adjacent forest, it's -1/-2 dice to attack a unit in a forest, so the infantry would roll 2 dice, and the armor would roll 1 die.

Same example as above, except with towns/villages, it's the same -1 for infantry, so they roll 2 dice to attack. Armor still has the -2 defense penalty when attacking a unit in a town, but they also have a -2 offense penalty when attacking from a town, so that's -4 dice, which makes the attack not possible.

I didn't totally understand your question, but I think that's what you were asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I understand your question, it is a little bit foggy though.

If it pertains to the same type of terrain occupied by opposing units then the answer is the type of terrain fired into versus whether or not it is the same type of terrain. Battle restrictions are based on what others have posted. Line of fire is blocked in towns,villages, forests and hills. Dice rolled are reduced according what you are firing into, not out of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob ruth
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
THank you all. This is what i have been seeking. Opposing units in the same type of terrain hex forrest/forest, hedgerows/hedgerows, towns&villages or other combinations can fire or battle on each other.Fire or battle into not out of. Many thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard L
Australia
Woy Woy
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cordeiro wrote:
Assuming no other effects from the card played...

If you're attacking with infantry/armor in a forest against an enemy in an adjacent forest, it's -1/-2 dice to attack a unit in a forest, so the infantry would roll 2 dice, and the armor would roll 1 die.

Same example as above, except with towns/villages, it's the same -1 for infantry, so they roll 2 dice to attack. Armor still has the -2 defense penalty when attacking a unit in a town, but they also have a -2 offense penalty when attacking from a town, so that's -4 dice, which makes the attack not possible.

I didn't totally understand your question, but I think that's what you were asking.

That's my reading of the rules, as well. Armor has that special problem of having a "battling out" penalty in towns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.