Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Burgun
United States
Goldens Bridge
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. I'd like to introduce you to my new podcast, just started today, called the DINOFARM PODCAST. On this show we talk all about game design - digital, board, or otherwise. If you're a fan of shows like Ludology, I think you'll like it.

Check it out, and let me know what you think.

http://www.dinofarmgames.com/introducing-the-dinofarm-podcas...

-Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some very interesting (and I believe true) points regarding meaningful and impactful decisions, wrapped in a venomous delivery. Much of what you discuss jives with my own thoughts regarding video games, but the antagonist approach was very off putting.

I vastly prefer card board to pixel, mostly because video games quickly turn into Pavlov's Puzzle version 2013. And if it's multiplayer I either end up LANing with friends but actually not interacting with them, or I end up interacting with random strangers. Compare that to a board game where I more directly interact with my friends. Board games often devolve into puzzles as well, but I think it's easier for the ambiguity and powerful decision making to exist in a concise manner... in the physical world.

I agree with the challenge to convention, but dang. I wish the tone could be ratcheted down a notch. The discovery is obviously lost on jaded gamers, but my 11 year old gets completely sucked in with many of the drawbacks you highlight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Burgun
United States
Goldens Bridge
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the nice comment. We have had the same discussion about the tone and plan to tone it down a bit for next time. One of the things that contributed to it this time was that we had all three people who were agreeing with each other.

Also, your 11 year old was listening? I apologize for the swearing, now! We'll tone that down too.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.