Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This game seems to be getting the same love and attention as Red Winter by the designer, thus it is PREORDERED like mad! Superb production value. Looking forward to even more games.

Question: does the game series have a name?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We haven't made a final decision on a series name yet. It turns out that some of my favorite names created acronyms that were a bit too close to games or series already existing in GMT's lineup. I currently have a list of about 15 contenders from different folks, including my own ideas, but I'm not 100% happy with any of them. I think the perfect series name is still out there, and I'll know it when I see it!

I invite everyone to post suggestions here!

A few considerations:

1. The name need not be WWII-specific, as I envision the series eventually reaching Korea. It's probably better if it's not WWII-specific.

2. A name that highlights the company-level / grand tactical scale would be a plus. However...

3. (and here comes the tricky part) it should not start with a 'C' as this would put it too close to Command & Colors (C&C), Combat Commander (CC), etc. So some of the more obvious choices like Company-Level Combat (CLC) are out.

Posting here for suggestions actually sounds like a great idea as we need to have a series name by the time Op Dauntless goes to print. Thanks for your help! And thanks, Björn , for getting the ball rolling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fyi, I'm moving this over to the Red Winter page because I think the new subject title + location will get more notice.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/837280/contest-for-best-seri...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.