Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doc Holliday
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is almost a copy of a thread I opened years ago (old Wallenstein game). I was thinking of something like a historical variant (2 or 4 players) involving 2 teams of generals who play cooperatively:

As most of you probably know, the 30-Years-War was fought between 2 confessional groups: The Catholic League, especially led by the Bavarian duke and his army under general Tilly (and of course Pappenheim, who was commanding a part of Tilly's mounted army) and the army of the Catholic Austrian Emperor Ferdinand II. (with Wallenstein being the leader of his army).
The second group was represented by the Protestant Union (Mansfeld as their military leader) and the Swedish king Gustav Adolph, who joined the war later and - also being protestant - supported the protestants.

So I thought it would be interesting to play a 2 or 4 player variant with Wallenstein and Tilly on the one side, and Gustav Adolph and Mansfeld on the other side. I haven't been playing the game for a while, so maybe you could share your ideas with me if you think this might work. Here are a few points to consider:

- Starting countries: What would be a fair distribution of the starting countries while taking the historical situation into consideration? This is where the armies should be mainly concentrated: Gustaf Adolph - Brandenburg, Mansfeld - Kurpfalz, Tilly - Bavaria, Wallenstein - Austria
- Game mechanics: Allied players cannot attack but support each other?
- Victory conditions: Victory points are combined?

Maybe someone has tried something like this before. Would be glad to hear some ideas and opinions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all for team variants, but I just bought the game so it will take a while before I can try this one out. It looks good though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Koeppel
Switzerland
flag msg tools
oh this sounds very exciting - i'm new to the game but would like some ideas to try with my friends!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.