Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just making sure this will be ready to fly by Gen Con? I'm super interested in demos and purchasing! What will the price point be at the Con if yes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leath
United States
Newark
OH
flag msg tools
badge
This too shall pass...
mbmbmbmbmb
the MSRP listed on Asmodee's website is 50$, so I would imagine it'd be close to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem for a demo, we are receiving the boxes very soon and the staff will know the rules of the game before the event, and we will sell it at the booth, and the designer will be with us to sign copies.

Find me if you get problem to try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan B wrote:
No problem for a demo, we are receiving the boxes very soon and the staff will know the rules of the game before the event, and we will sell it at the booth, and the designer will be with us to sign copies.

Find me if you get problem to try it.

Fantastic news on all fronts. It's the #1 game on my hit list and the only reason I'll be in the mob on Thursday morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm extremely eager to get my hands on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When does it hit stores?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Dimailig
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good question! I would also like to know when does this hit local stores?

G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We are trying to make it available the sooner possible after GENCON.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Dimailig
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Stefan, are you talking a few months or weeks after GenCon?

Stefan B wrote:
We are trying to make it available the sooner possible after GENCON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was in the first demo of the day. We only played through two years, and it was sold out by the time I got to the register. Sad panda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
So I was in the first demo of the day. We only played through two years, and it was sold out by the time I got to the register. Sad panda.

If its actually sold out for the whole con, that's crap. They've been going on and on about the designer being there, and getting your game signed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnweldy wrote:
stagger lee wrote:

If its actually sold out for the whole con, that's crap. They've been going on and on about the designer being there, and getting your game signed.

Yup, it was literally 10-15 mins and they were gone. What's worse is their demoer didn't have the game ready so we wasted 5 mins setting up. For all know, that's what cost me the ability to spend all weekend playing it. I'm not angry, just really disapointed since it was hyped as one of the "must see" games at the convention.

I bought Smash up instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
johnweldy wrote:
stagger lee wrote:

Yup, it was literally 10-15 mins and they were gone. What's worse is their demoer didn't have the game ready so we wasted 5 mins setting up. For all know, that's what cost me the ability to spend all weekend playing it. I'm not angry, just really disapointed since it was hyped as one of the "must see" games at the convention.

Wow, those are the exact same two games I asked my buddy to mule for me. We should play together!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They said there were only 60 copies making it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling that the early birds, media, and vig attendees got most of them. Ffg said thats what happened with netrunner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hall
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was my must-have game at the con. I was a few minutes late due to issues with a badge, went to their booth first on Thursday, got there at 10:20 or :25 am.

Too late. Baahhhhhh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jenkins
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Hunky-dory.
mbmbmbmbmb
This info has mostly already been covered, but I was told that they brought 60 copies and were sold out before the first demo group even started.

That being said, the game is a lot of fun! I plan on demoing it again tomorrow.

Also, BGGTV filmed an interview with Régis Bonnessée while my demo group played in the background. Pretty neat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
I have a feeling that the early birds, media, and vig attendees got most of them. Ffg said thats what happened with netrunner.

That is exactly what happened.

Asmodee learned (too late) that the full shipment wouldn't be here on time, so they paid a huge pile of $$ to get 60 of them airlifted from the factory.

The VIG's wiped us out.

Even those of us who are demoing the game won't have it until the rest of the shipment arrives.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:

The setup didn't cost you the ability to get the game. The VIGs cost you the shot at the game. It was gone before the doors opened for the general public.

I understand why GenCon has a VIG program, but I (personally, speaking for myself and not for anyone but myself) really dislike it. It costs exhibitors an hour of time that could be spent sleeping. Or eating. Or ... whatever. And some of the demo-monkeys are paid hourly. That extra hour costs a few bucks more, increasing the cost of being at the con.

That said, however, the purpose of a con demo is to show you how good a game is - enough so that you will go home and tell your friends. Or go online and tell your friends. If we make the sale at the con, then great! If not, then we've at least shown you the game so maybe you'll grab it when it shows up in your FLGS.

An excellent example of this is City of Horror - we'd hoped to be able to sell it, but there is a problem with the stock. Instead, we're demoing it and telling you "it's coming soon."

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a demo lackey for ffg at gencon for a few years, I completely get what youre saying. I plan to buy the game when it comes out. My frustration is very much with gencon and the vig system. When games like seasons are given rave reviews and highlighted as something you can buy at gencon, it becomes a lure for people. Some companies really use this as a launch point and publicize heavily that they have limited numbers. If these copies are gone before those doors open, it's as good as not bringing it. I'd rather be told it is only available for demo and not wait in lines to try and fight for one, and take my time later in the day to play. Again, no harm on you guys as obviously you wanted to be able to provide the game, but boo on gencon for creating a mess for anyone who wanted to make seasons a special part of their weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So does the GenCon SNAFU mean wide release (at least limited wide release) is sooner? What's the street date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnweldy wrote:
So does the GenCon SNAFU mean wide release (at least limited wide release) is sooner? What's the street date?

When I asked this evening at dinner, I was told "three weeks."

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.