Kevin Lim
Singapore
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I want to buy the pre-painted Pathfinder miniatures for D2e to replace the unpainted figures, cos they look pretty sweet. Does anyone know if:

1. The sizes of the miniatures are the same (can fit in the squares)?

2. If there are alternative pre-painted figures I could be looking at?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Martin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I have a bunch of D&D Miniatures, but the only Pathfinder I have are the cardboard standees that come with the Beginner's Box.

The bases for the Pathfinder standees fit in the Descent 2nd edition squares but I'm not sure if the miniatures use the same base.

Humaniod sized D&D Miniature bases fit in the Descent 2nd Edition squares, but I don't think they would work well in crowded areas. The Descent sculpts seem to be more compact when it comes to arms etc sticking out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Pathfinder miniatures are about the same size as the D&D miniatures, so basically they're a little bit bigger than Descent. They can fit the tile squares (their bases are about the same size as the regular-sized monsters), but just barely, and as the poster above said, on a crowded map with a lot of adjacent figures, it might be a bit problematic as several figures have extending arms holding weapons and whatnot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any good alternatives that are a bit closer in size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dekoulis
Greece
Palaio Faliro, Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paint the D2e figures!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lim
Singapore
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
fitsou wrote:
paint the D2e figures!!!

i would, but i'm notoriously bad with my hands shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Burton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the posts! I was wondering about the exact same thing as we could get double use for both - Pathfinder and Descent 2 by ordering a few Pathfinder Battles: Heroes & Monsters Standard Booster packs as well as the beginner box heroes.

I am always surprised by the decent to better quality of the paint work on mass produced miniatures.

I used to paint may years ago - Warhammer 40k and D&D with all the Ral Partha stuff but my schedule and life style changes bleh I hardly have the time now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.