The Duke» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another question about the command. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Crabtree
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I have a question about game play. When using command squares how exactly does the tile move. Is it picket up and moved from one square to another or is he moving the tile within the command squares? In that regard can you command a tile through another tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
It is picked up and placed from one command spot to another. Think of it like a jump. Check out the new PDFs on Catalyst's website as one of the new ones has some new explanation on how the Command ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
II've just read the rules pdf from the Catalyst site. I believe there is an error in the command example on page 7. The pikeman is on one of the generals move spaces so cannot be commanded, is this correct or have I misread the rules?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storm H
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey, check here, as this has the updated command clarification:
http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/download/REH%20Print%20&%20P...
Storm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. I had already read that too, can you confirm that the example on page 7 of the PDF manual is incorrect? Just wondering if ive misunderstood something. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Answered my own question. The example is correct but when viewing the image on p7 of the standard resolution rules PDF I hadn't spotted that two of the squares on the general tile have the move AND command symbols on them, on a small screen it looked like just the move symbol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.