Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Can someone explain this to me. I understand that you add 1 white result to your final tally but what happens at that point?

Does it mean that if a RWB for another bonus happens, you take it? And if a RWB bonus doesn't happen from adding the white dice, you just add +2 courage (and if you go this route, does the white dice count for anything? Or does it only count for something if another RWB bonus happens?)

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the player aid. There is a big OR.

You grab a white die from the box, set it to whatever you want, then add it to your final tally.

OR

You get 2 courage (solitaire) or another unit gets 2 courage (not solitaire)

A good example of when to use the extra white die is if your final tally looks like this:

RWB *** Leadership
R double soldier
B double soldier
W tool

At this point, all you get is 4 soldiers, a tool point, and 3*. But if you use the Leadership RWB to add a white double soldier to your final tally you can get this:

RWB *** Leadership
RWB double soldier Fresh Troops
W tool

Now you get 12 soldiers, a tool point, and 3*. Adding the white die was worth +8 soldiers, a good use of the leadership RWB.

If you can't get something great or something necessary from the extra white die, the courage is probably a better choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Can someone explain this to me. I understand that you add 1 white result to your final tally but what happens at that point?

Does it mean that if a RWB for another bonus happens, you take it? And if a RWB bonus doesn't happen from adding the white dice, you just add +2 courage (and if you go this route, does the white dice count for anything? Or does it only count for something if another RWB bonus happens?)

Thx
jonpfl

You have a 7th white die for all practical purposes. If this can be combined with a different Red and Blue to form a new RWB you get that. In addition, whatever die face you select, you get the normal result for that. So if you take, for example, the single solider die, you get an other +1 Soldier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what your problem is now. You are putting the OR with "trigger a RWB bonus OR another unit gets +2 courage." The formatting of the language/punctuation makes that interpretation possible, but I don't think it's right. You add the die OR get 2 courage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ipgyst wrote:
I see what your problem is now. You are putting the OR with "trigger a RWB bonus OR another unit gets +2 courage." The formatting of the language/punctuation makes that interpretation possible, but I don't think it's right. You add the die OR get 2 courage.

Yup, that is exactly what I was doing. I was thinking you add the white die and then you do A OR B

Programmer here!

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
My Secret Santa is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
So there's another use for the bloody dice. Just give each player one white bloody die they can use if the roll Leadership. This is actually better than having an extra white die, since this die can't be traded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.