Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Bors - Any time White cards are shared, you may participate in the sharing, even if you aren't present on the Quest or place where the sharing occurs.

Does this mean:
A. If King Arthur is in play, KA gives a white card to Sir Gareth and SG gives a white card to KA. Then after that is resolved Sir Bors may trade cards with either KA or SG.
OR
B. If KA is in play, KA chooses a card to trade with SG. SG chooses a card as well. Then before cards are actually traded, Bors may choose a card for trade, then all 3 of them pick and choose who gets what card (face down)? Does SB have the final say over which he gets?

Second Question:
When you travel and get the one that you must discard a pair of fight cards or put a black sword on the table, do the fight cards have to be identical? As in, two "2" or two "4"s or any two fighting cards? If it does have to be identical, I think you could use a "?" fighting card as any number if you don't have two of the same one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Sorel
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - After a victorious quest, the Knights at the quest are awarded X number of white cards. Sir Bors participates even if he wasn't at that quest.

2 - I'd say they have to be the same number and that the "?" would be acceptable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titaniumator wrote:
1 - After a victorious quest, the Knights at the quest are awarded X number of white cards. Sir Bors participates even if he wasn't at that quest.

So he can't help share with King Arthur?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
themaster408 wrote:
Sir Bors - Any time White cards are shared, you may participate in the sharing, even if you aren't present on the Quest or place where the sharing occurs.

Does this mean:
A. If King Arthur is in play, KA gives a white card to Sir Gareth and SG gives a white card to KA. Then after that is resolved Sir Bors may trade cards with either KA or SG.
OR
B. If KA is in play, KA chooses a card to trade with SG. SG chooses a card as well. Then before cards are actually traded, Bors may choose a card for trade, then all 3 of them pick and choose who gets what card (face down)? Does SB have the final say over which he gets?

Second Question:
When you travel and get the one that you must discard a pair of fight cards or put a black sword on the table, do the fight cards have to be identical? As in, two "2" or two "4"s or any two fighting cards? If it does have to be identical, I think you could use a "?" fighting card as any number if you don't have two of the same one.

Titaniumator is correct: "After a victorious quest, the Knights at the quest are awarded X number of white cards. Sir Bors participates even if he wasn't at that quest." So no he can't help share with King Arthur in your examples.

Regarding your second question regarding the "Charged" card (that requires you to discard a pair of fight cards). Absolutely, they must be of identical value. A "3" and a "?" are also a pair. See the translation of the game designer's FAQ at: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/56467/merlins-company-faq-...

Remember also, that since the pair are discarded, they go facedown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Bors can always participate in the cards shared as quest rewards, regardless of whether or not he was involved in the quest.

Sir Bors can trade with KA directly, but cards traded between KA and another knight do not count as "sharing" for the purposes of Sir Bors' power, and thus he cannot involve himself in those trades.

[Edit: Typo]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreybetween wrote:
Sir Bors can always participate in the cards shared as quest rewards, regardless of whether or not he was involved in the quest.

If he chooses to use his ability to "cut in" on the sharing, must the other knights agree to give him cards? Can Sir Bors insist on taking them if the other knights choose to let him participate but not actually give him any, or not give him what he wants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjamin Maggi wrote:
thegreybetween wrote:

If he chooses to use his ability to "cut in" on the sharing, must the other knights agree to give him cards? Can Sir Bors insist on taking them if the other knights choose to let him participate but not actually give him any, or not give him what he wants?

The answer is in the above quote: Sir Bors is always treated as present when a Quest successfully ends, he can be anywhere on the board (except captured). All other rules of card distribution applies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.