Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using Google translate to try and piece together an understanding of the rules for Schnappt Hubi, and there are a few questions I have:

1. How does the game know how many players are playing and which animals they're using?
2. The rules mention three difficulty levels and a switch under the compass. I can't see any switches from any pictures, does the compass lift up?
3. The helper animals are mentioned as only being able to help the players once per game. Are there other animals or are they referring to the toad/millipede/bat, etc etc?

Also, if I understand it correctly, Hubi appears as soon as enough magic doors have been opened (a player on either side of the door, one player tries to move through the door), and then he starts to move around the house. Hubi:

* Can move orthogonally and diagonally
* Can move through any kind of wall
* Cannot move into a space with a player (again, how does the game know where we are?)
* Cannot move outside of the game area

Is that about right? I presume that on harder difficulties Hubi can move more than one space?

Cameron

Edit: One more question. The game mentions that you have to catch Hubi before midnight. Does the game have some sort of internal timer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
1. How does the game know how many players are playing and which animals they're using?

When the game is started, the electronic voice asks the players to push the buttons of the animals which are playing. After that, the players push the "?".

Zeede wrote:
2. The rules mention three difficulty levels and a switch under the compass. I can't see any switches from any pictures, does the compass lift up?

Yes, you lift it for finding a switch and the battery storage. The switch has 4 positions. "0" for "off", and the numbers from 1 to 3 for the different levels.

Zeede wrote:
3. The helper animals are mentioned as only being able to help the players once per game. Are there other animals or are they referring to the toad/millipede/bat, etc etc?

Nope, only these. So you better ask an animal not already asked, because you will not get a new hint.

Zeede wrote:
Also, if I understand it correctly, Hubi appears as soon as enough magic doors have been opened (a player on either side of the door, one player tries to move through the door), and then he starts to move around the house. Hubi:

* Can move orthogonally and diagonally
* Can move through any kind of wall
* Cannot move into a space with a player (again, how does the game know where we are?)
* Cannot move outside of the game area

Plus: Only to adjacent rooms (incl. diagonally)
The game always "knows", where everybody is, because the starting corners are fix and the programm "knows" the labyrinth and everything ...

Zeede wrote:
I presume that on harder difficulties Hubi can move more than one space?

Not as far as I know.

Zeede wrote:
Edit: One more question. The game mentions that you have to catch Hubi before midnight. Does the game have some sort of internal timer?

Only on 2nd and 3rd level, there is a time pressure implemented. This is not working on "real time", but on the number of moves you need to catch Hubi. Additionally, the hints of the animals are less precise and helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies! It confirms that I understand most of the rules

As far as the helper animals go, does this mean that you basically only get 8 hints per game (4x animals, 2x colors)?

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. That`s enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.