Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I noticed a couple things about Zooloretto at Target:

1.) A CPSC-defying "13+" on the game box. The old box is "8+"
2.) "2007 Game of the Year" has replaced the Spiel des Jahres logo
3.) No sooner had this hit the shelves of Target, than it was on clearance...for $10.48---if you ask me. It had to be less than 2 months since it just got it. How does this play-out when it happens? I thought that even the printing costs were like 15 bucks.
4.) Isn't it odd that there's no Carcassonne? I mean, of the Rio Grande ones that I would think Target would stock, carc is one of the holy trinity...

*Ticket to Ride, Fantasy Flight, Mayfair, Dixit Journey, and Northstar (Wits and Wagers) are all holding-ground...so that's good (or not, if you're looking for those to go on deep-discount)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
It had to be less than 2 months

Our target has had it for at least a year and a half.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I need to hit up my Target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My local target has Carc, Catan, Blokus, Forbidden Island, and a few other real games. They have been in stock there for several months at least, and I haven't seen any of them on clearance.

-Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Coomer
United States
New Carlisle
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the Fantasy Flight titles at my store are clearances too. I got Black Sheep for $4. As my granny always said, "people don't know good sh&t from apple butter!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would give my left arm to have Target here. Zellers wouldn't know a boardgame if it......well, nevermind.

$10.48! Hot deal. Here it's like $35, if you can find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geekgirl123
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
puggeroni wrote:
I would give my left arm to have Target here. Zellers wouldn't know a boardgame if it......well, nevermind.

Zellers is coming to Canada. They bought out a lot of the Zellers stores. I think they are opening in 2013. This article has a list of stores that are going to be target: http://business.financialpost.com/2011/05/26/target-unveils-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Geosphere wrote:
bippi wrote:
It had to be less than 2 months

Our target has had it for at least a year and a half.

You shut your mouth!! It was 2 months!!

Ok, sorry... that's my shameful attempt at getting this thread fired-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
geekgirl123 wrote:
puggeroni wrote:

Target is coming to Canada. They bought out a lot of the Zellers stores. I think they are opening in 2013. This article has a list of stores that are going to be target: http://business.financialpost.com/2011/05/26/target-unveils-...

Fixed that for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geekgirl123 wrote:
puggeroni wrote:

Target is coming to Canada. They bought out a lot of the Zellers stores. I think they are opening in 2013. This article has a list of stores that are going to be target: http://business.financialpost.com/2011/05/26/target-unveils-...

Oh I know. They're converting two stores in my city. I have high hopes for Target but I fully expect to be disappointed.

(fixed it too!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
puggeroni wrote:
geekgirl123 wrote:
puggeroni wrote:

Oh I know. They're converting two stores in my city. I have high hopes for Target but I fully expect to be disappointed.

(fixed it too!)

It's essentially the same as Wal-Mart. If you like that, you'll like this.

Thus, I know I'm going to hate it and never shop there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:

It's essentially the same as Wal-Mart. If you like that, you'll like this.

Thus, I know I'm going to hate it and never shop there.

It's at least a small step above Wal-Mart...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:

3.) No sooner had this hit the shelves of Target, than it was on clearance...for $10.48---if you ask me. It had to be less than 2 months since it just got it. How does this play-out when it happens? I thought that even the printing costs were like 15 bucks.
4.) Isn't it odd that there's no Carcassonne? I mean, of the Rio Grande ones that I would think Target would stock, carc is one of the holy trinity...

*Ticket to Ride, Fantasy Flight, Mayfair, Dixit Journey, and Northstar (Wits and Wagers) are all holding-ground...so that's good (or not, if you're looking for those to go on deep-discount)

Number 1 is likely the reason the game went on a deep clearance. Definitely the game is properly marketed for ages 8+ but I suspect the lack of lead testing by RGG must have changed the age range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
I thought that even the printing costs were like 15 bucks.

Printing costs per copy for a game like Zooloretto (SdJ winner, printing in hundreds of thousands) is much lower than that. Single digit-bucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ralpher wrote:
bippi wrote:

Number 1 is likely the reason the game went on a deep clearance. Definitely the game is properly marketed for ages 8+ but I suspect the lack of lead testing by RGG must have changed the age range.

That's a really good point.

...even moreso because it brings-up the problem most of the mass-market has in that kids 13+ would rather play xbox. Yeah, I get that quite a few kids end up in the hobby shop (show of hands here... yep, that's what I thought.), but for the most part, it's ipods and xboxes right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.