5 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » General

Subject: A way to 'fix'your poorly printed dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alfadir
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I just recently got my hands on a 2nd print edition of SDE and most of my components were good except for the rogue mini (it had a horrible mouldline running across the front of the model, which totally ruined the complete model for me) and the dice. 5 of them were poorly printed and the rest was in a mediocre shape. So I busted my brain and I came up with a fairly simple solution that doesnt involve international shipping of dice by costumer service of Sodapop. My solution was: white paint, skull white to be exact. I pulled out my paintset of GW and psinted a bit of this white paint on top of the dice, waited a few seconds and then wiped off the excess and voila! Dice are a pleasure to look at and look all shiny and new!! (pics included)
Easy and hardly the effort, took me less than 5 mins!

Before the paintjob (slightly dark but the problem is visible)

After the paintjob (they look like new)

Good luck and enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sullivan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Nice solution! Looks great! GW has a new white Base too, Ceramite White. It has more pigment in it than Skull White does. Maybe use a varnish or something to seal the paint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuelle S
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea!! I tried with white pen corrector, but my result is not as good as yours! Consider your idea stolen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alfadir
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Well stolen is no problem at all if it adds something to your gamingexperience

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 163319. Alfadir
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • Wed Aug 1, 2012 10:04 pm
Udo G
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, another solution worked very well for me: "Paint" the broken lines with plastic putty and rub the surface over some paper tissue...
The color matches perfectly, you dont have to be very acurate while applying and after drying you get a nice, smooth surface.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.