Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Lockard
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like July has come and gone. Is there any news when we should expect to have a copy of Briefcase, for those of use who were expecting the June release?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
On 11 July, Artipia posted that they had delays with manufacturing, which would push back delivery to their company until the end of July. So with packaging and shipping to U.S., you could probably expect around a 21 August arrival date at your address. Given of course of they receive the games by the end of the week. Also, to compensate backers, they are giving us the next expansion for free. Pretty considerate if you ask me.

Were you aware of the announcement because your post tends to imply that you were still expecting it in June?

Edit: apologies if that last bit sounded rude. It wasn't meant to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lockard
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No offense taken.

I did see the post, but wanted to be specific for those who are picking the game up at SPIEL vs. those that initially were expecting the game in June.

I was hoping that they would let us know if they received Briefcase from the manufacturer and give us an ETA.

I'm not disappointed with Artipia Games... I'm just curious and excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Fernandez
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
badge
Ludo Ergo Sum
mbmbmbmbmb
I will post here when it arrives to Spain... I think any delivery sent from Greece to Spain would last a week at most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Patricolo
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll let you know when it will show here in Italy: should be faster than shipping in Spain... we're soooooo close...

Fabio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Fujishige
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you even sure that the games have been shipped yet or have even arrived to them? There's been no indication of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AgentQ wrote:
Are you even sure that the games have been shipped yet or have even arrived to them? There's been no indication of that.

Anything on this at all? Artipia seems to have gone dead again, as their newest Kickstarter, Among the Stars has completed as well.

No update or survey on that either. Hmmm....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
mbmbmbmbmb
MilkFromACow wrote:
AgentQ wrote:

Anything on this at all? Artipia seems to have gone dead again, as their newest Kickstarter, Among the Stars has completed as well.

Indeed...I often wonder why people in this situation do not release more updates, even if they have nothing. Silence is deffening. July is gone and a full week of August is already passed. My prediction is they still don't have the games yet and won't be shipping anything for another month yet. How do I know this? Because it always happens this way! A little update stating what we all know to be true would help us obsessive compulsive gamers cope with this reality a little better...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Marstiller
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magnus1515 wrote:
MilkFromACow wrote:
AgentQ wrote:

Indeed...I often wonder why people in this situation do not release more updates, even if they have nothing. Silence is deffening. July is gone and a full week of August is already passed. My prediction is they still don't have the games yet and won't be shipping anything for another month yet. How do I know this? Because it always happens this way! A little update stating what we all know to be true would help us obsessive compulsive gamers cope with this reality a little better...

Yeah. I asked in several threads for an estimated ship date on Briefcase so I could pick the best level to back Among the Stars (if Briefcase wasn't going to be shipped for several months I was going to pick the discounted level but if Briefcase was shipping soon I was going to pick the normal level). Despite answering several other questions and even starting other threads Artipia decided to ignore me. So I ignored them as well and didn't back Among the Stars at either level (not that they noticed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
A Thief's Fortune - 18 June 2018 on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your comments. They always help us become better.

In the matter of Briefcase construction/delivery

First of all I would like to offer my deepest apologies for all inconvenience many of you have experienced.

Delay of the games was something which was really out of our control.

We are equally frustrated on the part of delivery of the game. To be more specific the initial estimation (from the manufacturer)was for a 4 week delivery so we made sure to place our order by the end of May.

Delivery was delayed by the manufacturer which was something we have no control over. The games were finally complete last Monday (6th of August 2012). In the meantime we received information on potential delivery dates by the manufacturer which we simply passed on.

Very often crowd-funding-produced board games have several delays on delivery. This is something we are really frustrated about because keeping our customers happy is our number one priority. It was our first crowd-funding campaign but now we know better how much delay can occur. This is why we are already working on the best way to deliver Briefcase as soon as possible.

Our initial plan for shipping the games to USA/Canada was through a combined container from our manufacturer's warehouse to our distributor. This is the most cost effective solution which allows us to offer lower shipping costs for USA/Canada. The cost of Air-shipping or shipping directly from Greece to USA/Canada is many times greater but we are ready to pay for it in order to offer you a 2-3 week earlier delivery. To be more specific:

For Europe/World we expect to ship the games next week. Those games have already been shipped to Greece and we will dispatch them as soon as we get them (most likely on Monday or Tuesday)

For USA/Canada shipping is a bit harder. The scheduled container delivery may delay until the end of the month. Then it may take up to 10-15 days to reach the US. We are trying our best to ensure that at least all those who pre-ordered the game through our February campaign (and have waited soooo long) will receive the game within the month instead (either by air-shipping or direct shipping from Greece).

in the matter of customer support and communication

Over the last months, we have received an enormous amount of emails with questions that - in most cases - were already answered on our campaigns. There is always the chance for an email to be passed by accidentally and we really apologize if you never received a reply from us on your email.

There were many comments posted on the campaigns as well. Please understand that is was impossible for us to address all those comments. In many cases contributors just stated the which game they wished to receive even though in our campaign we already mentioned that we will contact each contributor after the campaign.

Our campaign is now over and it is time to contact everyone. Unfortunately the process of sorting our orders before contacting everyone is really time consuming since in many cases there a contributors with more than one orders and in several cases there are double or triple updates with contributors adding more games to their initial order.

We will contact everyone as soon as possible

----------------------------------------------------------------

We are setting up two pages on our own website (one for each game) where you can all get information about the games' production and delivery. It should be online soon.

Once again let me apologize for any inconvenience some of you are experiencing. When we have control over the reason that is causing it, we do our best to solve the issue asap.
If you haven't gotten a reply when trying to contact us, please contact us again. The absence of a reply is never intentional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an excellent update. Thank you for addressing all of our concerns.

The additional delay to the US is disappointing, but understandable, as many of us are experienced with this sort of thing by backing other Kickstarter projects.

Good luck getting things sorted out. Thanks for the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Fernandez
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
badge
Ludo Ergo Sum
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Konstantinos, it's good to receive good news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
mbmbmbmbmb
That was absolutely what I was hoping for. Great update. I am greatly looking forward to getting my US copy, hopefully in August! Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Fujishige
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, has there been any news? I also ordered Drum Roll with this, so wouldn't you have to ship that from Greece?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
A Thief's Fortune - 18 June 2018 on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news!!

The game is here! Shipping begins on Tuesday!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.