• [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Oh no, Tyrion is practically a hobbit.

Could this be the end for the Nazgûl lord?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:

Hmm not without a proper sword and a blonde lady fighter. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

Six was robbed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giorgio Saracco
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing - G.B. Shaw
badge
No matter how you look at it, I'm the nicest in the world!
mbmb
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

He can buy both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saraccog1 wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

He can buy both!

Fighters don't buy things. They are in a cage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the other fight? Spider-man vs. Picard ? Pretty interesting too. I don't know the extent of Picard's fighting skills, let alone if they are enough to beat Spidey. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

So every discussion about WK boils down to if the other fighter is similar to Eowyn or not? Really?

I'm sure we could get the other fighters to cut off their balls and color their hair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

So every discussion about WK boils down to if the other fighter is similar to Eowyn or not? Really?

I'm sure we could get the other fighters to cut off their balls and color their hair.

The Witch King defeated V, but not before V fatally wounded the Witch King. So, the Witch King is already dying, it's just up to Tyrion to finish him off.

And Tyrion is no man, he's a half man (who didn't want to be a quarter man ). Like the hobbits, the Witch King won't anticipate the lethal power that Tyrion represents. And unlike the hobbits, Tyrion will know how to rain wildfire down on the Witch King.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yiatzi wrote:
What about the other fight? Spider-man vs. Picard ? Pretty interesting too. I don't know the extent of Picard's fighting skills, let alone if they are enough to beat Spidey. Thoughts?

I don't yet have many thoughts on the Bronze Medal bout... but I'd guess that Spider-man wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrion and Picard win, and then Picard takes it in the Diplomacy round. I have spoken. No other words need be said. Closer her down yiatzi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

The whole discussion started from a false point. That Tyrion is practically a hobbit. Well, he isn't. He is a dwarf. Very different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
yiatzi wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

The whole discussion started from a false point. That Tyrion is practically a hobbit. Well, he isn't. He is a dwarf. Very different.

Halfman, halfling, what's the difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

I think your point was that WK lost from a hobbit, which by itself is only half the truth, since he actually died from combined hits from the hobbit and Eowyn. Add to that the fact that Tyrion is a dwarf, and dwarves were totally different creatures than hobbits.. I don't see why that makes Tyrion win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

I think your point was that WK lost from a hobbit, which by itself is only half the truth, since he actually died from combined hits from the hobbit and Eowyn. Add to that the fact that Tyrion is a dwarf, and dwarves were totally different creatures than hobbits.. I don't see why that makes Tyrion win.

He's not really a dwarf. And he usually has a whore with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

Did you just call Eowyn a whore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:
yiatzi wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

Did you just call Eowyn a whore?

She does sort of just get discarded by Aragorn only to run immediately into the arms of Faramir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yiatzi wrote:
Fighters don't buy things. They are in a cage.

Are we back to discussing what fighters are allowed to have? Does Picard get the Enterprise? If not, then he should have died a while back. What about the lady from that other sci-fi show? I'm pretty sure the only reason she made it as far as she did was because people argued she could use a spaceship.

Another point that I can't remember if I brought up before is messing with the "lore" of one fighter's setting, but leaving the other fighter's "lore" alone. If part of Tyrion's fighting is buying his way out of confrontations (whether directly or via mercs), then that cannot be dismissed unless we're also allowed to dismiss that no man can kill the Witch King. It's only fair.

On another note, sorry I haven't been around to get my voting in. Been busy with work and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yiatzi wrote:

In a straight up one-on-one fight, there's no way that Picard could best Spider-man. I'm sure Picard has some level of hand-to-hand and/or marksmanship training, but that's nothing more than Spider-man's base level foes. Are you seriously going to put Picard on the same level as Lizard, Vemon, Doctor Octopus, etc.?

Now, if Picard does have the Enterpise, then it's obvious that Spider-man would be toast. The Enterprise would bombard where ever he is from orbit, and no level of acrobatics would save him. I don't know of anything Spider-man has access to which would allow him to even to strike at the Enterprise/Picard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Tyrion and Picard win, and then Picard takes it in the Diplomacy round. I have spoken. No other words need be said. Closer her down yiatzi.

This is odd. I'm agreeing with Disp here.

Tyrion is devious and the Witch King's inherent power of fear will be ineffective against Tyrion. Tyrion will have a plan and that plan will involve a sword and woman to slay the tyrant king. In fact, the Witch King will not even give heed to the short imp he sees over in the corner. Tyrion is beneath the Witch King and that ultimately is/was his downfall. We've already read this story before and know the ending.

Picard has supreme strategic and tactical prowess over Spider-Man. Spider-Man is distracted by Picard's noble manner. There is really no reason for Spider-Man to fight Picard. Even if he tries to fight Spider-Man, Picard's negotiation skills will convince Spider-Man to pull off the mask and reveal himself for the good of all. Spider-Man ends up respecting Picard to the extent that he enrolls in Starfleet Academy and has a promising career.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Q. Dangerpants, esq
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohgrande wrote:
Spider-Man ends up respecting Picard to the extent that he enrolls in Starfleet Academy and has a promising career.

I laughed out loud at this.

I need to think on this more, lotta compelling arguments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These arguments are making me wish I would have entered Cicero as one of mine. The whole thing probably would have been called then since intelligence and oratory trump everything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, alternately, Tyrion just allies himself with the Witch King and ends up stabbing him in the back while Picard just pulls out his phaser and forgets to set it to stun.

Either way, same result!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.