Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Kuzava
United States
Minooka
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just backed my first Kickstarter game 'A Race to Adventure' mainly for my kids. Honestly though, I'm excited for it too. Just wondering if there are any other good kickstarters, coming out or already out, to back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/flash-point-2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

[thing=127293][/thing] will be launching in a week to 10 days. If you happen to be going to Gen Con, you can try it there and back on the spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay Lee
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know its not kickstarter but theres "among the stars" on indigogo which is like kickstarter for non u.s. companies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pace
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/136088207/raiding-partie...
Beautiful artwork, quick game play, pirates! Here it is on BGG- http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/99286/raiding-parties arrrh or website: http://www.raidingparties.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325766284/airborne-in-y...
Airborne In Your Pocket

A great game for 1-4 players, in a WWII setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm backing Goalsystem Delves http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/222965736/goalsystem-del...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fallen City of Karez
Worker placement to become lord of a town but with a certain amount of combat vs monsters that is lacking in Lords of Waterdeep
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/451575426/fallen-city-of...

Kanzume Goddess
Another game where people, sadly, will spend too much time complaining that they can't get past the graphic art rather than simply play the game.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/370924922/kanzume-goddes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
blaecblaed wrote:
Another game where people, sadly, will spend too much time complaining that they can't get past the graphic art rather than simply play the game.

So pointing out blatant misogyny and objectification is "sad" to you? You must be a wonderful human being.

I'm watching http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/3some/heroes-of-metro-ci... but the price for the levels where you actually get stuff is just too high right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Evil Baby Orphanage sounds like it's going to be pretty awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tammany Hall

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/872179144/tammany-hall?r...

Non-wargames in my collection are a rarity. And even I'm excited about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently backing three games...

First is Flash Point: Fire Rescue expansion but the second printing of the base game is also available on the kickstarter page. This is a co-op game where the players are fire-fighters trying to rescue people(and pets) from a fire. The fire is pretty chaotic in nature because you roll dice to see where it expans to. So far, this game and it's first expansion have been hits with my family and friends. It is kinda like living a childhood wish where most everyone wanted to be a fireman... mostly because when I was young great shows like "Emergency" were on TV.

The second is Airborne in Your Pocket which is a very light game based on WWII where players work together to destroy a bunker right before the Normady invasion. location tiles are drawn randomly and placed so the roads attatch, then an encounter is drawn and has to be overcome before player can try to find entrance of bunker. Once entrance is found, player locates the gun and destroys it. This is a very quick filler, there are ten event cards that only get reshuffled two times... so, about a 15-20 game. For multiplayer games, each person has 10 cards and play is at the same time if playing co-op.

The third one is [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicehateme/the-great-hea...]Great Heartland Hauling Co[/url]. I love the game Railways of the World, a game about creating a network of tracks and delivering goods from one location to another. This game reminds me of Railways, only much lighter. There are cards randomly laid out on a table with goods to be delivered and a list of goods it needs. You get goods and deliver goods in your big rig hauler.

Maybe one of these you will find interesting enough to try out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scautura _
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
I'm watching http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/3some/heroes-of-metro-ci... but the price for the levels where you actually get stuff is just too high right now.

I don't think the prices are particularly out of whack (and that coming from someone in the UK who decided to go with the $93 pack, and has to pay $30 on top for shipping - although I'm considering having it shipped to family as I might be in the US at the right time to pick it up) for what you get with it.

Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin comes with 527 cards - Heroes of Metro City comes with "over 400 cards, 4 Hero Placards, 3 12-sided City Defense dice, and a dry erase marker", so they're (reasonably) equal in my eyes. MSRP for the former is $49.99, making the value equivalent (again, in my eyes).

An extra $13 for 25 (unique) promotional cards? Thunderstone Advance Avatars sell from the AEG store for $9.99 (plus postage), so OK, I'll give you that one (by a small margin).

The expansion for $30? Thunderstone (original)'s expansions are $34.99 (MSRP), Caverns of Bane is possibly going to be $27.99?

I'm not accounting for physical extras (t-shirts, dice cups, etc.) because they don't interest me. They won't increase my enjoyment of the game. Also, this is based on MSRPs - that's the penalty of Kickstarter, as I have seen it. I haven't seen many Kickstarters where you get the product cheaper, unless it is a nonphysical product (i.e. computer game).

I guess you pays your money and takes your choice - I think I'm getting value for money when it comes to something I will enjoy and play again and again. And I'm picky; this is only the second project I've Kickstarted, the first being Shadowrun Returns (and I'm currently on the fence about SRO). I guess the extra shipping hurts at the moment, maybe that will be less of an issue when UK based projects finally come online.

In case you didn't realise, this is a recommendation for Heroes of Metro City on Kickstarter - go back it now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blaecblaed wrote:
Kanzume Goddess

The art style here really doesn't go with the game's theme (war between Greek and Norse gods).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scautura _
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
col_w wrote:
The art style here really doesn't go with the game's theme (war between Greek and Norse gods).

It looks to me like it's a translation of an already existing Japanese game (the very hard to understand video seems to bear this out) - the artwork is very Japanese in style. While I would agree that it doesn't match the theme as Westerners would see it, as a Japanese game, I think the artwork is (probably) how they would see it. It would need completely new artwork to be suited to a Western audience, and then (effectively) it would be an entirely new game. I don't think that's what the project is really aiming for.

God, I feel like I'm rambling today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I know that it's not strictly a game, but it's certainly hobby related. whistle

Reaper Miniatures - Bones

It might just be me, but this was the one that finally got me to jump on board with Kickstarter. I have very intently followed a few other projects, but always held off. Everything just kind of came together on this one though. It's from a very well known company that I greatly enjoy. It's working to expand a product line that I already fell in love with earlier this year. The stretch goals are really proving to be a great deal as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Nicholas
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
So pointing out blatant misogyny and objectification is "sad" to you? You must be a wonderful human being.

Objectification, sure. Misogyny? You think someone interested in that art style hates women? I think it's rather the opposite.

My wife is quite a fan of that art, as well, so it's certainly not just evil pigheaded men that like highly sexualized images of women (though I won't deny that pigheaded men are the main target market).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh M

Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonnyxx wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

Objectification, sure. Misogyny? You think someone interested in that art style hates women? I think it's rather the opposite.

My wife is quite a fan of that art, as well, so it's certainly not just evil pigheaded men that like highly sexualized images of women (though I won't deny that pigheaded men are the main target market).
Loving women and loving women's bodies are different though. Objectification is making a human being into not a human being, you know? If its being done specifically to women because they are women, its misogyny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
blaecblaed wrote:

I take it you are implying I am not a nice person. I don't think I'm ever going to convince you otherwise now that you've drawn that conclusion but the fact is I am. I am genuinely one of the sweetest people in the world.

(EDIT: I've removed the bulk of this post as it's been up long enough for my accuser, who has logged on over these past days, to have been shown the error of his or her ways--yet no retraction of the unjust accusation has been made.)

So in terms of me being a wonderful person, you're damn right: I'm awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
blaecblaed wrote:

I'll explain my point since I think you, in your haste to be abusive, have grossly misrepresented of my use of the word "sadly".

Glory to Rome is another game where people, sadly, will spend too much time complaining that they can't get past the graphic art rather than simply play the game.

You're going to accuse me of being misogynistic and objectifying cartoons done in garish colours?

I never once said it was sad to point out misogyny or objectification. I said I thought it sad that they would miss out on a good game.

They could have fun. They miss out. I think that's sad.

I pointed out what I expect will be a reality: They will pay attention to the artwork and not find out if there's a game to be played. I'm not making any judgement call that it's good or bad that the art features some pseudo-idealised form of women. I look at that artwork and it doesn't make me horny since it's not a realistic portrayal of the body of any woman I've seen and I'm quite glad because big boobs aren't a defining characteristic of what I find physically attractive in a woman.

Too much time complaining rather than playing the game, that's sad, that's what I wrote. I think it's sad when people spend too much time complaining about anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heroes of Metro City
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
Scautura wrote:

In case you didn't realise, this is a recommendation for Heroes of Metro City on Kickstarter - go back it now!

We sure appreciate it! For anyone else that has been on the fence, we now have a gameplay video up. As soon as we posted the gameplay vid, the project became a "Staff Pick," so we're hoping that it helps other people decide to back the project, too.

If anyone has any questions about reward levels or gameplay, please let us know.

James, Co-developer of Heroes of Metro City
3Some Games, Inc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heroesofmetrocity wrote:
Scautura wrote:

We sure appreciate it! For anyone else that has been on the fence, we now have a gameplay video up. As soon as we posted the gameplay vid, the project became a "Staff Pick," so we're hoping that it helps other people decide to back the project, too.

If anyone has any questions about reward levels or gameplay, please let us know.

James, Co-developer of Heroes of Metro City
3Some Games, Inc.

Regardless if my backing the project or not, kudos on already running what looks like a well done KS project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nicholas
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
NinjitZoo isn't on Kickstarter but it's on Pozible, another crowdfunding website.

NinjitZoo is an action packed card game in which you assist a bunch of martial art animals - the Ninjanimals - escape their caged confines within an obstacle rigged zoo.

This game is hilariously fun and not only contains some great puns and tongue in cheek humour, but dynamic and lasting gameplay.

Similar to games such as Munchkin, Fluxx, and Gloom.

Check it out here - Pozible.com/NinjitZoo

ninjaninjaninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blaecblaed wrote:
[...] I'm quite glad because big boobs aren't a defining characteristic of what I find physically attractive in a woman.

Ah, so you have a foot fetish instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOSHIRO MIFUNE
Japan
Iwakuni
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nickace9 wrote:

Arrrgh matey! I now be a backer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.