Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, my wife and I are heading out for a European adventure in a few days, and I'm looking to bring a few games along to play while we travel. Something fun and even a little meaty that we can play on our little fold-down trays on the plane would be ideal. No electronics, though. I know that there's a lot of great stuff for iOS, but that would require a device with iOS...

So, any recommendations for Games on a Plane?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Race for the Galaxy wouldn't be bad with your tableaus going on the trays in front of you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not terribly meaty, but good at staying put would be Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age.
More meaty and semi-stable on a plane would be Ingenious: Travel Edition.
Even more meaty, longer lasting, and playable with paper, pencil and a small deck of cards is Pocket Civ. I think it was actually designed to play on plane. It supports 1 or 2 players.
Pocket Battles might be playable on a plane.

I'm pretty sure there are a few GL about games on plane. You may want to search them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found that dice games don't work well on a plane. Not only is it too easy for the dice to roll off the tray tables, it's also incredibly annoying to your neighbors.

card games work well. Such as these:

Parade
Battle Line
Morels
En Garde! (Travel Edition)
Biblios
Balloon Cup
Haggis
Triumvirate
Super Showdown

I have played every one of these on a plane (Super Showdown the exception). They all work well on two tray tables.

Here are some games that are great to bring on trips, but don't work well on tray tables:

Summoner Wars
Hive
Citadels
Innovation
Aton
2 de Mayo
The Speicherstadt - Ditch the unnecessary board and pack it all in a ziplock.

Of the top list, I find Battle Line most enjoyable and meatiest. Of the lower list, I enjoy Innovation.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
If you already have a copy of the game, the Travel Twilight Struggle boards can be printed on two letter-size pieces of paper. It's abstracted a lot, but actually very clean and functional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Begin
United States
Reno
NV
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
15 or any of the other games in this series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
logopolys wrote:
If you already have a copy of the game, the Travel Twilight Struggle boards can be printed on two letter-size pieces of paper. It's abstracted a lot, but actually very clean and functional.

Unfortunately, I just let my copy of TS go -- my wife didn't like it. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.