Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone with the appropriate skills be willing to make proxies for the recently errata'd cards?

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/lotr-lcg/suppo...

Would sure be neat to be able to print those...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Davis
United Kingdom
Harlow
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a nice idea. but FFG's copyright lawyers might take a different view. Also, if they were posted here, they would contravene BGG's terms and conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Wot? Now you're not even allowed to upload images of what cards don't look like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Davis
United Kingdom
Harlow
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have created proxies for the changed Beravor, Zigil Miner and Protector of Lorien. They can be downloaded from https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71281313/LotR%20card%20errata.zip

I will delete them if a representative of FFG asks me to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
I believe FFG's stance is that you can post the text boxes of cards, but you can't post images, until 6 months after the card has been released. That's my understanding from GoT websites that have card spoilers. I'd expect Drew to chime in at some point, as he deals with FFG through his website that hosts spoilers, so maybe he can give some insight into what would and would not be allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Couldn't find artwork for Protector of Lorien...so that'll hafta wait until I get home and scan the original card.

EDIT: ninja'd Very quick and nicely done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
I believe FFG's stance is that you can post the text boxes of cards, but you can't post images, until 6 months after the card has been released. That's my understanding from GoT websites that have card spoilers. I'd expect Drew to chime in at some point, as he deals with FFG through his website that hosts spoilers, so maybe he can give some insight into what would and would not be allowed.

Well I don't want to speak for them but they generally don't have a problem with images being posted immediately as long as they are limited to specific sizes (The 6 month rule is for the images being used in online game tables like lackey and Octgn). Obviously these would be much larger than what that size is since they are print quality. I doubt they'd be upset by it as long as it is just these 3 cards, but it couldn't hurt to shoot them an email and ask to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome sauce, thanks John.

I doubt FFG would have a problem, unless they provide them POD - in which case I for one would buy the official versions (since, y'know, I buy everything).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Limit once per round? Wow, took them long enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I posted the first 2 cards in my gallery, I figured I might as well post the 3rd. Here it is:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One free advice from older person ;-)

Use only the low end part for errata cards, so the Fantacy Flight games is not in difficult position as an middle man. The card text is ok to change, but it is much harder to get aproval of using card pictures.

In the very old Star Wars ccg there are card updates, with just the new card text. There are erratas and virtual cards:
http://www.starwarsccg.org/index.php?option=com_phocadownloa...:cat1&Itemid=149

Look for example Virtual Defensive Shields pdf. It is guite clever way of making it. You have to have the original card for picture (so you are not making an illegal copy), but you can change the game text of the card (and maybe the tittle).

Of cource even better would be if FFG would do it by themselves or would say that it is ok to make errata mock ups.

edit:
Or even better it would be to have print on demand versions (3 of each) updated cards and/or PDF:s too. So it would not cost anything to FFG to make those upgrades. If some one wants to have them: a) they can order the Print on demand versions (you pay, what you get), b) print the PDF, or c) ignore those upgrades.

ps. If the print on demand set is too small? Is there any limit in there? FFG could put some of those 1 or 2 in starter box cards as on fillers? But I don't think that there should be any minimum amount an updates. And there are at liest 3 upgrade with major wording, and some minor. So 6-7 cards at least. And 7*3 cards is 21 so it should be enough for those print an demand things...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.