Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tonny Wille
Belgium
9310 Meldert
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I used a unit to OP fire at an enemy unit that was entering the same hex with a friendly unit. It didn't had LOS at the hex from where the enemy unit entered though. Is this a correct action or did i cheat?
The rules say that i can't shoot at at hex containing friendly units but as the enemy was moving into the hex i believed that op fire was still possible. My soldiers are in cover while the enemy is still on the move and makes a great target even if you hit a few of your own.

i used the result against the enemy and my own friendly unit as they are in the same hex when i fired.

Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Incorrect. You cannot fire into a hex containing a friendly unit (except with Artillery). If the enemy unit was out of LOS immediately before it entered the friendly hex then it cannot be fired at.

The special exception states that if the moving unit started its move adjacent to the friendly hex it is going to enter THEN you can fire on it in its starting hex as if it were moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tonny Wille
Belgium
9310 Meldert
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an exception to this rule that has been posted in these forums by the designer: it is allowed to fire against enemy infantry that's in the same hex as a friendly vehicle if that fire cannot harm the friendly vehicle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"...even if you hit a few of your own."

Whoa...note to self: always make sure Tonny and his guys take point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.