Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I thought I'd post this because recently my Firefox began running literally like dogcrap. I whittled it down to a Flash update being the culprit. Taking out Flash... pages don't hang and aren't jerky and everything works smoothly again BUT of course anything requiring Flash doesn't work properly.

So I looked and searched and found this simple solution:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1018071?tstart=0

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To disable Protected Mode, add the following line to your mms.cfg file located in:

Windows 32bit: C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash

Windows 64bit: C:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash

ProtectedMode=0

If the mms.cfg file does not exist, create one using any standard text editor (e.g.. notepad)

Depending on your operating system, you might need to first save the mms.cfg file to a writable location (such as your documents or desktop folder) and then copy the file into the destination folder using Windows Explorer.

To re-enable Protected Mode, simply remove the line from the mms.cfg file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know many may already know about this BUT for those that don't... this is a such a quick and simple fix... and it took me a while to find it so I thought I'd stick it up here since it was such a relief to find an easy fix to the irritating problem. Even if it helps one person it's worth posting here. Anyone not having any issues just ignore it of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the one and only
Germany
Nettetal - Kaldenkirchen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, when I encountered the problem I went back to Flash Player 11.2, good to know there's another solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.