Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
The players come to the table and sit down in the following order.

gamer42_au
Bkarrigan
Emilynp
s_tom
Eunoia

Rules? Sure there are rules. Here's how this will work:
Every 24 hours, something's going to happen. At least, it better.
The leader proposes a mission. It's bolded, with a number so we know which mission it is. Looks like this:
M1.1: Jythier, Clydeiii

X being the current mission, Y being the current proposal within that mission. So if the first proposal is voted down, the next is 1.2. If the first proposal is accepted, the next is 2.1.

Then, everyone GeekMails me their votes, with the subject "Mx.y: VOTE"

Where vote is 'For' or 'Against' or 'Yes' or 'No' or 'Accept' or 'Reject'. Whatever. It can be any recognizable positive or negative word, but Mx.y: Potato will not be accepted.

After I post the vote tally, we either move on to the next proposal or, if it was accepted, the people on the mission Geekmail me the pass or fail card. You must geekmail me your pass card. This is because if you don't have to, people might start making assumptions about the mission based on the timing, etc. So you have to send it in to cover for the possibility that you had to make an actual decision.

Then, I post the mission results, and it's on to the next mission.

Missions go as follows:
Mission 1: 2
Mission 2: 3
Mission 3: 2
Mission 4: 3
Mission 5: 3

If there is even a single fail card on the mission, it will fail, point to spies. If there are no fail cards, it's a success, point to rebels. First team to 3 wins.

Rebels cannot fail missions.

Do not edit your posts. An exception - if you pull through the mission voting results to a post with nothing else, you may edit to correct any mistakes.

Random die rolls are disallowed.

Role cards going out.

If you have any questions, or wonder if a rule from other games applies, chances are it does. Ask away, geekmail is probably best.

Have a good game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF#30: A Resistance Classic
Mission Cards are out.

History:

gamer42_au Proposes: M1.1 Gamer42_au, Eunoia
Player

gamer42_au
Bkarrigan
Emilynp
s_tom
Eunoia
Result

Reject
Accept
Reject
Reject
Accept

BKarrigan Proposes: M1.2 BKarrigan, Eunoia
Player

gamer42_au
Bkarrigan
Emilynp
s_tom
Eunoia
Result

Reject
Accept
Reject
Reject
Reject

Emilynp Proposes: M1.3 Emilynp, BKarrigan
Player

gamer42_au
Bkarrigan
Emilynp
s_tom
Eunoia
Result

Reject
Accept
Accept
Reject
Reject

s_tom Proposes: M1.4 s_tom, Emilynp
Player

gamer42_au
Bkarrigan
Emilynp
s_tom
Eunoia
Result

Accept
Accept
Reject
Accept
Reject

Mission Result: FAIL, PASS

M2.1 Eunoia proposes: Martin, Tom, Eunoia

Player

gamer42_au
Bkarrigan
Emilynp
s_tom
Eunoia
Result

Reject
Reject
Reject
Accept
Accept

M2.2 gamer42au proposes: Gamer, Emily, BK
Player

gamer42_au
Bkarrigan
Emilynp
s_tom
Eunoia
Result

Accept
Reject
Reject
Reject
Reject

M2.3 - BKarrigan proposes ?, ?, ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First game and I have to propose straight up.
Good news is that I am a rebel, which I think will make things easier first time round (no complicated lies to remember).
Bad news is that it my first time, so lots I don't know.

I know I am good, half of the rest of you are good and the other half bad.
Obviously, I want to be on the mission, because that would give it a 50% chance of being clean. So who else should I propose and why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are random die rolls permitted in this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer42_au wrote:

No.

Editing first post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
gamer42_au wrote:

No.

Editing first post.
Pity
Spies should hate random die rolls and rebels shouldn't care most of the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least we won't care about random for first mission - once we know more we will care a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a spy and I love random dice rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hello Martin! I see you lingering on the Waiting list for a while now, glad you can join us.

Hi, BK, nice to see you again. I hope you are still R this time.

Hi, Emily, finally get to play a game with you, how exciting.

Hi, Tom, nice to meet you.

I'm James, or you can call me eunoia. I think I've played a few PBFs, but you probably wouldn't be able to tell for my play style, which is still in some weird place between newbie and old-timer. I promised I will be more predicable this time, being a good Resistance and all.cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

Get one!

...Wait, you're not in the game, Clyde

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

If you're not in the game, please hold your comments until the end. Especially if you're sending it on your phone while driving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth BK
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

Spy! (channeling Jyth)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Martin, you're not the only newcomer to this PBF, it's my first one too!

I'm just not sure if that makes us easier targets, or just harder to trust/figure out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, hello BK, James and Emily (and Clyde, lurking behind)! Good to meet you finally on the battlefield arrrh

Let's get this started: anyone want to throw out some random accusations (i.e. gut feelings)? I have the feeling that without plot cards we need to grasp at any straw we can...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth BK
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
s_tom wrote:
Also, hello BK, James and Emily (and Clyde, lurking behind)! Good to meet you finally on the battlefield arrrh

Let's get this started: anyone want to throw out some random accusations (i.e. gut feelings)? I have the feeling that without plot cards we need to grasp at any straw we can...

You might be a spy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emilynp wrote:
Jythier wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

If you're not in the game, please hold your comments until the end. Especially if you're sending it on your phone while driving.

If we're doing that, can we have a peanut gallery? You know you saying people can't post here will stop no one. (And, to be fair, for once Clyde was not posting while driving, though he was on his phone.)

I could tell, because everything was spelled right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emilynp wrote:
Request for the moderator:

Jyth, when you update the second post on this page with what's happening, can you keep everything that's been done/voted on and not just the most recent one? Don't know if that's what you were planning on anyway, but it's very helpful.

That's the plan. That way, Emily, you can do one of your famous detailed analysis of proposals and voting results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bkarrigan wrote:
s_tom wrote:

You might be a spy

Classic spy move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Let's get this rolling, Martin, who do you want to pick for M1? (hint: me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
s_tom wrote:

Because I cannot dodge my own question...

emilynp wrote:
Alright, my gut read of the morning - Martin's a spy. Clyde and I were discussing this morning and he has the same read.

That sounds over-confident to me, given the slim evidence... so my top spy pick for now: Emily devil.

Maybe you're just trying to provoke a defensive reaction from Martin? Which would be hard to judge either way though, so as resistance you should probably have picked another suspect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
emilynp wrote:
eunoia wrote:
Let's get this rolling, Martin, who do you want to pick for M1? (hint: me)

(hint: eunoia is almost always resistance but will make everyone think he's a spy.)

But, yes, please let's get this moving.

Thanks for the heads up, Emily.

I see Tom already started the accusation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
emilynp wrote:
Why should I have picked another suspect? If I'm trying to, as a rebel, elicit reactions from other people, why does it matter who I choose? I don't know who anyone is, so I might as well start somewhere.

My thinking was: if you get a reaction from someone you played with multiple times (BK or James), that might be easier to read (compared to a dark horse like Martin and me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth BK
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clymily is definitely a spy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
s_tom wrote:
s_tom wrote:

Because I cannot dodge my own question...

emilynp wrote:
Alright, my gut read of the morning - Martin's a spy. Clyde and I were discussing this morning and he has the same read.

That sounds over-confident to me, given the slim evidence... so my top spy pick for now: Emily devil.

Maybe you're just trying to provoke a defensive reaction from Martin? Which would be hard to judge either way though, so as resistance you should probably have picked another suspect?

Who do you suggest, then? Are you trying to turn away the attention from your partner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
s_tom wrote:
emilynp wrote:
Why should I have picked another suspect? If I'm trying to, as a rebel, elicit reactions from other people, why does it matter who I choose? I don't know who anyone is, so I might as well start somewhere.

My thinking was: if you get a reaction from someone you played with multiple times (BK or James), that might be easier to read (compared to a dark horse like Martin and me).

Hmm...surprising reasonable. Should've said so the first time.
But it's also valid for Emily to try to get a read on you two as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [21] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.