Solitaire for Two» Forums » General

Subject: Why the oversized box? And no scorepad?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is becoming a real bugbear for me - game boxes that are WAY too big for the components they have inside. We got this yesterday and lifted the lid to find a small cardboard box about a sixth of the size of the complete box suspended in a carboard frame to fill the rest of the space. Yes, the rail is long and the rules are big but why not have a smaller size rulebook and a foldable rail? And - a suggestion - use any cost saving to fund a printed scorepad, was really disappointed to get a photocopiable sheet with permission to make my own copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, this drives me nuts too. Even though I'm a female pirate.arrrh

We live in a small apartment, so it's a huge issue. But if we need to have the option of trading a game later, because our tastes have changed or whatever, we have to keep the box somewhere (granted if you repackage it smaller, you can next the open box in lid, and w/other game boxes if necessary). Still a problem, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is a real case of maximizing profits minimizing product bottom line - it could have been so much better a small longish wooden box, a small laminated score card and score pad - racks not just for kick starter - very sad to get such a large box with so much empty space bloody stupid ...

and perhaps they might just upload the score chart and sheet into files section when they can be bothered ...

a real opportunity missed - I picked up a copy of D-day dice today as well and the quality was second to none compared to this product...

I think Grpyhon Games really dropped the ball on this game - nice tiles though at least they got that bit right apart from not putting symbols on jokers for colored blind players ...

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
Peisistratous wrote:
nice tiles though at least they got that bit right
Ric

In the end I think that's all that really matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.