Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
1 - When setting up 5 ID/VI Corps I'm only setting up the two 5/VI units with this designation, not all of the VI Corps right?

2 - The DPRK light infantry (17 Sniper Bde, 38 Abn Bde, etc.) can be set up anywhere inside DPRK borders. Does that include DMZ locations? I'm wondering when these are set up in relation to when the ROK player sets up.

I know that the units are fixed in place, but the ROK player does get to place a CO which might affect the avenue of attack selected by the DPRK player. Is it considered simultaneous setup? Does ROK play have to select the location for the CO prior to DPRK setting up or does the DPRK have to place their units first?

Can't wait to begin pushing cardboard on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
medlinke wrote:
1 - When setting up 5 ID/VI Corps I'm only setting up the two 5/VI units with this designation, not all of the VI Corps right?

Just the 5th Infantry Division (ID)/VI Corps.

Quote:

2 - The DPRK light infantry (17 Sniper Bde, 38 Abn Bde, etc.) can be set up anywhere inside DPRK borders. Does that include DMZ locations? I'm wondering when these are set up in relation to when the ROK player sets up.

Yes. Allied (US/ROK/CW/JAP) player always sets up first. Functionally, since every unit has a starting hex, this means you can place the free setup units after the ROK player places his (helos, combat outposts, US 2ID units, supply depots, etc.). See Note in 16.0.

Quote:

I know that the units are fixed in place, but the ROK player does get to place a CO which might affect the avenue of attack selected by the DPRK player. Is it considered simultaneous setup? Does ROK play have to select the location for the CO prior to DPRK setting up or does the DPRK have to place their units first?

ROK (Allied) player sets up first.

Quote:

Can't wait to begin pushing cardboard on this one.

Careful...it's addicting :-) Thanks for playing and enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for the responses.

That said, I'm a little confused now because the 2nd ID folks and their associated Helos don't arrive until after GT 1 has begun.

Does that imply that the DPRK can hold their units and bring them in during the reinforcement phase since they're DPRK setup?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
medlinke wrote:
Thanks for the responses.

That said, I'm a little confused now because the 2nd ID folks and their associated Helos don't arrive until after GT 1 has begun.

Does that imply that the DPRK can hold their units and bring them in during the reinforcement phase since they're DPRK setup?

Keith, is this a single-map, Standard Game scenario? If so, then, yes, the 2ID guys are reinforcements...primarily because they start on the South Map. So the answer to your question would be no, those DPRK units are set up from the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications. Let loose the d10's of war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
medlinke wrote:
Thanks for the clarifications. Let loose the d10's of war.

Excellent. Let me know if I can help! Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.