Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, they sure are ramping it into high gear.

What is the word for the arrow symbol on some of the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. Everything but the frackin' rulebook.

I understand WHY they're doing it: to get the basic concepts out in bite-sized morsels. And that works for folks new to the game... but c'mon, FFG, throw the ball already. You've been wagging us dogs for weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Initial Observation: The artwork for Ninja changed - possibly due to the fact that the original was so darned close to the weapon from Predator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 new cards uploaded to my personal area (not going through geekmod any more)

And put in their proper place here:
All of the published Android:Netrunner cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
Wow, they sure are ramping it into high gear.

What is the word for the arrow symbol on some of the cards?

If you mean
, that word is 'subroutine'.

Quote:
The Runner declares a run against a server protected by the facedown Wall of Static. The Corporation notes that the Runner’s only icebreaker is a Sentry breaker, so it pays three credits to rez Wall of Static, which is a Barrier. The Runner can’t break the Wall of Static’s subroutine, so it ends the run, and the Corporation’s data remains secure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, this is the first LCG they've re-licensed. I'll cut some slack. But c'mon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
Wall of Static is 113... which is more than what I had speculated. Maybe the Corp gets more generic cards than the runner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
that word is 'subroutine'.

Thanks, thats what I thought but I wanted to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Opie wrote:
To be fair, this is the first LCG they've re-licensed. I'll cut some slack. But c'mon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Highest card we've seen an ID number for: Wall of Static (113)

(Updating with Ninja, frequency 2)

Number of cards we've seen with frequency markings on them: 23
Number of total pieces of cardstock known, assuming frequency markings are what we think they are: 51

Number of cards we've seen that do not have frequency markings on them: 16
Number of total pieces of cardstock assumed, assuming 2.2 (51/23) cards per card ID: 35

Total cards spoiled: 39 / 113 (minimum) == 34%
Total pieces of cardstock accounted for: 86 / 252 == 34%

So far so good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Viktor is going to kick our ass

it is a cheap ice to rez, has a good ratio 4/3 end end the run BUT it does Brain damage ! hopefully there is the drawback where runner can break with actions ... i notice the bioroid subtype like ichi ... maybe the common trait for HB ice's with that drawback ?

one thing that "bother" me is that it is a codegate, the kind of ice more similar as barrier, in theory they wouldn't have to give damage or if so net damage but whatever, this is a very very dangerous ice .

finally i don't care if it is a codegate or sentry except for the little point of background but one thing that it could change is that runner will have to care about 2 nasty things now: sentry and codegate which can slow down its early turn ...

assuming that sentry are the most intelligent and nasty ice a runner would want to search his deck for a killer soon and run avery without risking too much thing but with that codegate maybe he will take the time to search his Killer and codegate breaker ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wormhole surfer wrote:
Viktor is going to kick our ass

hopefully there is the drawback where runner can break with actions

Viktor 1.0 clearly says that the Runner can spend a click to break a subroutine.

Don't mess with Hass-Bioroid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a new-to-Netrunner player, I'm interested to know what you're supposed to do about Wall of Static. Are there inherent ways to break subroutines, or do you need to use special cards that can break ice through other means? The other ice previewed says something on the card that you can do to break its subroutines, while this one just says the run is ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
adamxpaul wrote:
As a new-to-Netrunner player, I'm interested to know what you're supposed to do about Wall of Static. Are there inherent ways to break subroutines, or do you need to use special cards that can break ice through other means? The other ice previewed says something on the card that you can do to break its subroutines, while this one just says the run is ended.

basicaly you need icebreaker, ichi and viktor are diferent , they says that you can break only with clicks. FFG spoiled "inside job", that's an other way to pass an ice, but it is a one shot one .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wormhole surfer wrote:
adamxpaul wrote:

basicaly you need icebreaker, ichi and viktor are diferent , they says that you can break only with clicks. FFG spoiled "inside job", that's an other way to pass an ice, but it is a one shot one .

Cant viktor still be broken with an icebreaker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ichi's and Viktor's subroutines may be broken by spending clicks.
Nothing prevents you to break their subroutines using normal icebreaker-programs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adamxpaul wrote:

This is going to be covered in the next article, I'm sure, but here's some examples with what we have to work with for now...

If you're a Runner and you're coming up against a Wall of Static

What can you do?

That wall has two keywords you can interact with:
ICE
Barrier

If you have an ICE Breaker already installed that can break a subroutine on a Barrier, such as Corroder, you can use that.

In this case, it's going to cost you $2, $1 to raise the strength of your Corroder from 2 to 3, and then $1 to 'Break Barrier subroutine'.

What if you don't have Corroder? Well you can use a more generic Icebreaker, like Crypsis.

This will be much more expensive. $3 to raise strength from 0 to 3, and then $1 to 'Break ICE subroutine'. You're also going to have to roll the next card in your Stack, and if it has a printed cost of '0' or '1' then Crypsis is going to claim you don't love him any more and trash himself.

And if all you have installed is the wrong kind of ICE breaker, like a Ninja then before your run, you could have used the card on the right (Tinker) to add the keyword Sentry (and Code Gate, which we don't care about and Barrier which it already has) to the Wall of Static and then use your Ninja ($3 to raise strength to 5, then $1 to 'Break a Sentry subroutine').

If all else fails (or you don't have the credits to pay for those ICE Breakers), then you suffer the effects of the subroutine - in this case 'End the Run'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you need a "decoder" icebreaker to break a codegate ice like Viktor, while Wall of Static is barrier ice, thus requires a "fracter" icebreaker to break.

There are 3 major types of ice: sentry, codegates, and barriers. Most icebreaker programs target one of those types, though some target ANY ice type (though are more expensive/clunky to use). Typically, a runner will try and install a full "kit" of icebreaker programs, one for each main type, so that they can crack any ice they encounter, provided they have the credits to do so.

Haas' Bioroid-subtype ice are "special" in that they are bigger/nastier than normal for the rez cost, but their subs can ALSO be broken by spending clicks instead of using a breaker, a liability, as they are easy to crack when it REALLY matters, especially early in the runner turn. Stacking several bioroids ice may make it so the runner doesnt have enough clicks to pass the entire fort even if they wanted to though...

you can always choose to NOT break a subroutine and suffer its effects. Clearly you need to crack "end the run" subs to advance, but many subroutines can be suffered but still let you move forward towards the root server.

breaking an ice does NOT kill the ice. its still there if the runner runs again on a future action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not looking forward to running into this pair:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
i'm actually looking at ichi and viktor to try to establish a guideline for cost and how estimate in the future if a card is good or not.

As i said on a previous post, ichi should cost 9 without its drawback. (would cost 9 in NRccg and runner seems to have the same tool: sure gamble and ninja so ...)

don't begin to insult me about any comparison we definitly are in the time of discovering and if comparison have to be made it is only now and what i want to understand would be helpful for A:N ...

ichi should worth 9:
4 for strengh
1 for the trace sub
2 for the trash prog sub
2 for the trash prog sub
it only costs 5 so i can deduct that the drawback is worthed 4 in terms of reduction .

Viktor should cost 5:
3 for the strengh with one end the run sub included for free as a codegate
2 for the brain damage sub

but it only costs 3 so the drawback there only reduced by 2 the cost ...

i should be wrong somewhere...

my supposition:

a trash programm sub' only worth 1 and that make my analysis good despite that 1 for a trash prog is cheap .

or codegate do not have anymore a free end the run sub but that make still one missing on viktor ...maybe the brain damage sub worth now 3 ?? expansive no ?

when i look at hadrian's wall and wall of static it seems that barrier have now a free end the run sub included that's why wall of statc is 3 strengh and not 3 as before .

so based on my previous supposition maybe that barrier are now the kind of ice with an end the run sub and codegate do not have it anymore.
But in my previous exemple for viktor so , 1 is missing ...

and so the drawback brings a reduction on rez costof 4 or 3...depending of the "size" of the ice ? i could understand that an ice with that drawback have its cost more reduced if it has less subroutine becaus runner can break it with action more easily BUT int our case it is the oposite, it seems that the drawback bring more reduction on an ice that can consume more clicks ...

to me this "drawbacks" seems a bit overcosted and should reduce the rez cost less than it does.

have to see more ice to make a complete guideline for ice's construction .

anyone's interested? or once again i am the crazy french runner ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
Ichi and Viktor say "spend", not "lose" or "forgo", which implies they can only spend their remaining actions for the turn.

So they can do it a max of three times if they ran first thing in their turn and they can't do it at all if they're running on their last action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ffaristocrat wrote:
Ichi and Viktor say "spend", not "lose" or "forgo", which implies they can only spend their remaining actions for the turn.

So they can do it a max of three times if they ran first thing in their turn and they can't do it at all if they're running on their last action.

yep absolutly that's why it is really strong for the corp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Rick Henry, of the Jinteki Henry's? Great bunch of guys, all 1138 of them...

...although I hear his brother Mark is wanted for murder.

(also, clever Herbertian references in there.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

wormhole surfer wrote:
ichi should worth 9:
4 for strengh
1 for the trace sub
2 for the trash prog sub
2 for the trash prog sub
it only costs 5 so i can deduct that the drawback is worth 4 in terms of reduction .

Viktor should cost 5:
3 for the strength with one end the run sub included for free as a code gate
2 for the brain damage sub

The 'disadvantage' of 'Runner may spend 1 click to break a subroutine' has different value across these two cards.

Ichi 1.0 has three subroutines that the 'Bioroid' disadvantage can affect.
Viktor 1.0 has two subroutines that the 'Bioroid' disadvantaage can affect.

Which I believe brings your valuations to:
Ichi 1.0
4 for strength
0 for the trace sub (normally 1, discounted 1 due to Bioroid)
1 for the trash prog sub (normally 2, discounted 1 due to Bioroid)
1 for the trash prog sub (normally 2, discounted 1 due to Biroid)

Now you have a 6 'value' with a cost of 5... but it's a closer valuation.

You also haven't put in value for any of the other keywords (Sentry, Tracer, Destroyer).

Viktor 1.0
3 for strength
1 for Brain Damage (normally 2, discounted 1 due to Bioroid)
-1 for End Run (Normally free due to Code Gate, discounted 1 due to Bioroid)

In this case, 3 cost and 3 'value'.

Your base formulae may be good, but you may also not be accounting for all variables, especially PIP cost and FACTION loyalty.

Quote:

anyone's interested? or once again i am the crazy french runner ?

You're always the crazy French Runner, but that's ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.