Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a quick read-through of the Clueless rule in the Special Scenario Rules in the Medal of Honor scenario I got the impression that the Germans were unable to do ANYTHING until they were able to activate according to the three described methods. But after setting the scenario up and reading that section of rules a little closer I noticed that it does NOT say that German units cannot conduct Opportunity Fire (it only says they cannot be given an Impulse - Opportunity Fire is specifically not an Impulse). So even though it seems to go against the idea of the Germans being surprised at breakfast, I see no reason why they can't take advantage of Opportunity Fire even before they are "activated".

Anyone interpret this differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Petters
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My view is that they can't do anything, mainly because I don't think they even know there's anything to do...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombyDawg wrote:
On a quick read-through of the Clueless rule in the Special Scenario Rules in the Medal of Honor scenario I got the impression that the Germans were unable to do ANYTHING until they were able to activate according to the three described methods. But after setting the scenario up and reading that section of rules a little closer I noticed that it does NOT say that German units cannot conduct Opportunity Fire (it only says they cannot be given an Impulse - Opportunity Fire is specifically not an Impulse). So even though it seems to go against the idea of the Germans being surprised at breakfast, I see no reason why they can't take advantage of Opportunity Fire even before they are "activated".

Anyone interpret this differently?

That would seem to be the spirit of the situation, but the rules do not exclude their ability to op fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I played this before, I just took it as written...since op fire is not an impulse, I let the Germans op fire. Been a while since I played this though, so take it for what it's worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.