Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Lewis
United States
Bath
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just visited Cool Stuff Inc and they have a summer sale going on, with some really good deals:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_summerSale2012.php

Items of interest:
Fortress America $39.99
Alhambra Family Box $29.99
Vinhos Board Game $34.99
MIL (1049) $39.99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
ends Aug 13th if anyone was wondering

also noteworthy (though I haven't checked comparison prices)

Age of Steam: Germany/France Expansion
19 @ $12.49 ea.
was $18.99 ea.

Seeland
20+ @ $19.99 ea.
was $25.99 ea

Outpost
20+ @ $27.99 ea.
was $38.99 ea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
Leonardo da Vinci now 9.99!

/obligatory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Bath
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks to the OP. I picked up Fighting Formations, along with some other stuff. Great deal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The sale page says:

"Games will be rotating in and out of sale - check back daily to see what's new!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey CSI,
Let's see some cosmic encounter expansions, cyclades hades, and some small box arkham expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
The sale page says:

"Games will be rotating in and out of sale - check back daily to see what's new!"

I certainly hope so, because this is the most uninspiring clearance sale I've seen from CSI yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bharath Allam
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How good is MIL? Is it worth buying:-)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
peakhope wrote:
The sale page says:

I certainly hope so, because this is the most uninspiring clearance I've seen from CSI yet.
Isn't it more of a sale instead of a clearance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Leis
United States
Merino
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I spent 100 GG and all I got was this stupid overtext.....
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
peakhope wrote:
The sale page says:

I certainly hope so, because this is the most uninspiring clearance I've seen from CSI yet.

Isn't the fact that CSI has "sales" at all inspiring? Seeing as how they are by far the cheapest place to buy board games (assuming you have $100 for Free Shipping and any amount of discount % with them)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats a really good price for Vinhos, too bad I already have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gertbert wrote:
Many thanks to the OP. I picked up Fighting Formations, along with some other stuff. Great deal!

That and Vinhos are the two good deals. I wished I could reason Fighting Formations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
peakhope wrote:
The sale page says:

Isn't it more of a sale instead of a clearance?

Indeed and edited to reflect that. Sentiment is unchanged though despite the distinction.

Kartigan wrote:
Isn't the fact that CSI has "sales" at all inspiring? Seeing as how they are by far the cheapest place to buy board games (assuming you have $100 for Free Shipping and any amount of discount % with them)?

By far? One of the cheapest perhaps. Depending on the titles I'm ordering I've regularly done better at BoardsAndBits, MiniatureMarket and TimeWellSpent and they all have sales too.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's wonderful that CSI has sales, this just happens to be the least inspiring I've seen to date. Previously I have always wound up placing an order, adding a title to an existing order, or at the very least wringing my hands over the possibility. Not so this time. Not a travesty, but I don't see the harm in voicing my disappointment this time around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bharath wrote:

It's a complicated worker placement/cube pushing game. Very Euro-y, very confrontational. If you like that kind of thing, I'd recommend it. If not, then it's not for you. I will say that the rulebook is badly written and then badly translated, so even though it's not that long, it's very difficult to get through and understand how it all hangs together. Eventually someone will post an English rules rewrite, but as far as I know there isn't one yet. All that said, with people who like these kinds of games, it can be an intense experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$17 is pretty fab for Lost Temple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
bharath wrote:

It's a complicated worker placement/cube pushing game. Very Euro-y, very confrontational. If you like that kind of thing, I'd recommend it. If not, then it's not for you. I will say that the rulebook is badly written and then badly translated, so even though it's not that long, it's very difficult to get through and understand how it all hangs together. Eventually someone will post an English rules rewrite, but as far as I know there isn't one yet. All that said, with people who like these kinds of games, it can be an intense experience.

Translation: if you want it, buy mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taxers wrote:
sirgalin wrote:
bharath wrote:

Translation: if you want it, buy mine.

Mine isn't for sale...you didn't like it? I thought being a fan of Vinhos it might be up your ally, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have MIL, and haven't played it, but you aren't giving it a glowing review (honest, but not glowing).

I do like Vinhos, and I like heavy economic games, so I may like it. But if it's fussy and has a bad rule set . . . I may just stick with Vinhos (although I do have my eye on CO2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Watkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow i got burned...

Spent 75 on fortress america fmylife

Spent 52 on Vinhos... double f
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taxers wrote:
I don't have MIL, and haven't played it, but you aren't giving it a glowing review (honest, but not glowing).

I do like Vinhos, and I like heavy economic games, so I may like it. But if it's fussy and has a bad rule set . . . I may just stick with Vinhos (although I do have my eye on CO2).

Ah, we'll play it sometime. Like Vinhos, it's not a game I would recommend to most people. I think it's good, but I want to play it some more to see if it's a keeper. I think Vinhos is great, but it's hard to find people to play it with because of the intensity (I actually traded my copy recently, but will probably replace it from CSI thanks to this sale). I'm having the same problem with MIL. It's a lot easier to learn if you have a player aid and a teacher rather than trying to decipher the ruleset on your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
SixtyWATZ wrote:
Wow i got burned...

I hate that feeling. I impulse bought Ninja: Legend of the Scorpion Clan for $50 when I saw it at my FLGS because it looked cool and I didn't have any games like that.

I then found it was $20 at the online stores like sci-fi city. $30 difference in going online, sigh. My FLGS doesn't accept returns either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah H
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GibbRS wrote:
SixtyWATZ wrote:
Wow i got burned...

I hate that feeling. I impulse bought Ninja: Legend of the Scorpion Clan for $50 when I saw it at my FLGS because it looked cool and I didn't have any games like that.

I then found it was $20 at the online stores like sci-fi city. $30 difference in going online, sigh. My FLGS doesn't accept returns either.

If you're buying at FLGS you shouldn't expect a deal. There's value added in the store itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xerobull wrote:
If you're buying at FLGS you shouldn't expect a deal. There's value added in the store itself.

Agreed - although you can still get some good deals when they have sales.

Your FLGS has overhead that many of the online retailers don't, which is why they can't have the really thin profit margins the online retailers do.

If an FLGS gave cash refunds, and had people shopping there who would buy and then later on compare the online prices, then they would risk going out of business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Xerobull wrote:

do note that coolstuff is both an online game etailer and a physical game store (2 actually)... same price online as in store
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.