Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
243 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: The Hate Update rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
As I predicted a few days ago Chick-Fil-A stores all across the nation are doing a land office business. Of course that's not as "newsy" as the news last week that Chick-Fil-A employees, the founder, the franchise owners, the customers and even the people who haven't expressed their hate of all things Chick-Fil-A are, in fact, the real haters. Each and every one of them. Haters.

But cheerful and supportive ones apparently. Lines are long, people are buying gift cards for CFA meals in $500 increments, phoning in from CFA deprived areas like San Francisco, Boston and Chicago and buying meals via their credit cards to be given to haters like US military members, disabled children who haven't fully developed their hatred yet and the poor - who are probably the people who just hate shit in general no matter the politics.

According to "reports" most CFA outlets are going to double-down on their hate by contributing the out-of-state purchase monies to charities. Probably ones that hate. Here's one picture of how what I said was proven true within days:



I guess if anyone wants to dispute the boon that CFA has gotten from the anti-Hate liberal crowd they can post a picture of an empty Chick-Fil-A. Maybe wait until Sunday, when you are guaranteed to get the photo you want.

Can Black People Hate?

I only ask because when I was coming back from the post office I listened to some guy who is black, a pastor, a 2008 Obama supporter and founder of the Coalition of African-American Pastors. He was mighty pissed at Obama and seemed inclined to do his best to try and defeat the guy he supported just a few years ago. I did find a reference to this story on CNN and I have to say - it was amusing to see his group portrayed as "conservative" because they don't feel gay marriage is morally acceptable. And oddly enough the article states (doesn't prove, just states) that Black Americans oppose gay marriage by a wide margin. Does that make them conservatives? Even if they voted for Barry? Or are they just lovers who act like the hating-conservatives? I get confused because none of this seems to mean anything now.

Anyway, I just thought you all would appreciate an update on how profitable hate has become.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I eagerly await how bright-eyed toddlers in future generations will say "Grandpa, tell us about the time you had the courage to buy a chicken sandwich?"
25 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
I eagerly await how bright-eyed toddlers in future generations will say "Grandpa, tell us about the time you had the courage to buy a chicken sandwich?"


They have Chick-Fil_a in Toronto? Well hell, go get one so you can tell your grandkids. If you end up procreating, that is.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The notion that hate is profitable is somehow a new thing is slightly laughable.

Not that that has anything to do specifically with this scenario.

Just saying 'selling hate' is a time honored tradition.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But more to the point: this spate of conservatives righteously defending Chik-Fil-A isn't going to be longterm profitable. It's just not possible for right-wingers to make up the business the restaurant has lost on an ongoing basis out of spite. I mean, I get that conservatives primarily market their products based on spite, but that's mostly short-term things like books.

Is a conservative going to go buy an extra chicken sandwich every time he attends to make up for the liberal not buying a chicken sandwich, forever? Because if not, then inclusiveness is probably the better long-term economic strategy.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Unfortunately there isn't one around here, or I'd stop by on Friday. Not to buy anything, just for the hot lesbians making out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
But more to the point: this spate of conservatives righteously defending Chik-Fil-A isn't going to be longterm profitable. It's just not possible for right-wingers to make up the business the restaurant has lost on an ongoing basis out of spite. I mean, I get that conservatives primarily market their products based on spite, but that's mostly short-term things like books.


Especially since apparently, all conservatives are out of work, and it's Obama's fault.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Yep, public perception of Chick-Fil-A is just going through the roof.

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
The notion that hate is profitable is somehow a new thing is slightly laughable.

Not that that has anything to do specifically with this scenario.

Just saying 'selling hate' is a time honored tradition.


Pfah, don't be ridiculous.

Why, if 'selling hate' was possible, why hasn't any nation tried it before, huh, smart guy? HUH? Use it to whip up opposition to, say, some ethnicity or religion and get their population in such a foaming-at-the-mouth-fit that they run out and conquer Europe or something? Tell me that, huh?

(Godwin++)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
And the billionaires laughed and laughed and laughed, all the way to the bank.

So. None of you want to address my OP about whether or not black people are haters because the majority of them are anti gay marriage?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
robigo wrote:
Yep, public perception of Chick-Fil-A is just going through the roof.



Looks like a ton of people with unfavorable perception of Chick Fil A just spent loads of money based on the lines outside the local restaurants. I didn't drive by personally, but I suppose its possible they all could have just been outside kissing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
ikiru wrote:
robigo wrote:
Yep, public perception of Chick-Fil-A is just going through the roof.



Looks like a ton of people with unfavorable perception of Chick Fil A just spent loads of money based on the lines outside the local restaurants. I didn't drive by personally, but I suppose its possible they all could have just been outside kissing.


On the internet graphs prove everything. And there is a graph for everything. Enjoy your sandwich, come back for the kiss another day.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just drove past two C-F-A's. Drive thrus 15-20 cars long and dining rooms packed. One was causing traffic in the main road of 10 cars waiting to turn right into the shopping center.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
So. None of you want to address my OP about whether or not black people are haters because the majority of them are anti gay marriage?

Why is their race even relevant? Are black people immune to bigotry or something?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
So. None of you want to address my OP about whether or not black people are haters because the majority of them are anti gay marriage?

Why is their race even relevant? Are black people immune to bigotry or something?


Answering a question with a question is deflection. Not an answer. Honestly? If you actually believe race is no longer relevant in politics then I'm sorry to report I can longer be involved in any discussions with you. But my 9 year old might like a new friend to play Hot Wheels with.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
And the billionaires laughed and laughed and laughed, all the way to the bank.

So. None of you want to address my OP about whether or not black people are haters because the majority of them are anti gay marriage?


Are you really dumb enough to wonder if black people can take positions that other people will consider hateful toward other minorities?

Some of the most virulent and insane anti-Semites I've ever met were black, and it's well known that black people skew more anti-gay and more religious than the average liberal. This isn't news to anyone other than apparently you.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
And the billionaires laughed and laughed and laughed, all the way to the bank.

So. None of you want to address my OP about whether or not black people are haters because the majority of them are anti gay marriage?


Some undoubtedly are, though I don't generally use the word "haters." If I need to call someone a name in this context - and that's rarely the case - I would use "bigot."

So I would think some blacks probably are bigoted when it comes to homosexuality. So what?

(Also, I note that the majority that opposes gay marriage is down from 70+% in 2008 to around 60% according to the latest polls. Change may be slow, but it's underway.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Black people are people. Who knew?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tripp, what is your argument? That the people who took a stand have prompted other people to take a different stand and support the business, therefore the people who took the first stand are... what? Wrong to feel that way? Wrong in their methods? Could you clarify? Well, you can, but will you clarify?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Message wrote:
Tripp, what is your argument? That the people who took a stand have prompted other people to take a different stand and support the business, therefore the people who took the first stand are... what? Wrong to feel that way? Wrong in their methods? Could you clarify? Well, you can, but will you clarify?
I don't think there's an argument here, it's more just "HAHA LIBERALS".
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
The Message wrote:
Tripp, what is your argument? That the people who took a stand have prompted other people to take a different stand and support the business, therefore the people who took the first stand are... what? Wrong to feel that way? Wrong in their methods? Could you clarify? Well, you can, but will you clarify?


I'm sorry. but if you need further clarification then I'm, not sure you can actually understand to begin with. Chapel, over on FB, posted a picture from the 50's of some morons with "go home Negroes" placards and tied that to some moronic Chick-A-Fil commentary. No doubt, FB being what is is, he will wallow in the thumbs he gets and feel spiritually closer to Sally Fields. But CFA and the CR Movement in the 50's and 60's are not like each other unless one is truly unable to relate to reality.

But hate, the subject of this thread, is similar. And the CFA stir seems to be connected this way: conservative=christian=white=hate

I wondered then, does this mean that christian=hate? and if so, then many, many blacks are haters explicitly on this subject. Not on Jews or Mexicans or CW music, but on the subject of gay marriage. So I asked - do you all believe that black people fit into the same group as white people who hate-hate-hate-hate? And if so, are you willing to call "them" out on it as a group?

It's not a gotcha. It's not complicated. Most people here have read the same books. So failing to understand is indicative of a fault in your thinking, not my question.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Photo's are awesome, here are some future Chik-Fil-a customers who wouldn't have bought a fast food chicken sandwich until they knew parts of the proceeds would go to keeping other American citizens from being free:



3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
I'm sorry. but if you need further clarification then I'm, not sure you can actually understand to begin with. Chapel, over on FB, posted a picture from the 50's of some morons with "go home Negroes" placards and tied that to some moronic Chick-A-Fil commentary. No doubt, FB being what is is, he will wallow in the thumbs he gets and feel spiritually closer to Sally Fields. But CFA and the CR Movement in the 50's and 60's are not like each other unless one is truly unable to relate to reality.

But hate, the subject of this thread, is similar. And the CFA stir seems to be connected this way: conservative=christian=white=hate

I wondered then, does this mean that christian=hate? and if so, then many, many blacks are haters explicitly on this subject. Not on Jews or Mexicans or CW music, but on the subject of gay marriage. So I asked - do you all believe that black people fit into the same group as white people who hate-hate-hate-hate? And if so, are you willing to call "them" out on it as a group?

It's not a gotcha. It's not complicated. Most people here have read the same books. So failing to understand is indicative of a fault in your thinking, not my question.


It's weird to me that this is even a question in your mind.

I've already called out all black anti-gay people by calling out all anti-gay people. Included in that group are all white anti-gay people, all latino anti-gay people, all crippled anti-gay people, etc., etc., etc. I would think that would be obvious. Black people do not get a pass on taking hateful positions.

Again, what I really question is why you would think that black people would be considered separately when it comes to their opinions on homosexual behavior/marriage.
4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


-DK
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
robigo wrote:
Yep, public perception of Chick-Fil-A is just going through the roof.



This graph is based upon a dataset of ALL people who have eaten at fast food places, and not just Chick-Fil-A REGULARS.

A better study would be to look at the perception of Chick-Fil-A from regular Chick-Fil-A customers.

This study is not that useful in terms of determining whether or not people who 'self-identify' as Chick-Fil-A regulars are losing that identity or not. I think that the evidence isn't in yet to determine whether or not Chick-Fil-A is losing any real market share with their regulars.

Now, this could impact them long term with attracting NEW customers from the overall market segment of people who eat a lot of fast food. However, they might be gambling that the 'Christian' community coming in currently doesn't eat a lot fast food and this current kerfluffle could attract more of them into the fold as regulars.

Or, the CEO just opened his mouth, didn't really think about anything, and now they've got a tiger by the tail.

But this graph, which I've seen crossposted all over the place, doesn't mean what you're making it out to mean.

Darilian

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.