Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AAron G
United States
Tallmadge
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 Jezzail teams in my quest area (not corrupted), and my opponent has a protective sprite card in play with two more tokens on it. can I play the jezzail teams seperatly in different phases of a single turn? Also, can I corrupt each unit at seperate phases during my opponent's turn? Basically I want to take off the sprites tokens before my battle phase to make a go on the (un)protected unit during my battle phase. Asked in another way can I corrupt a unit whenever I feel like it given an Action abitity to do so.

Jezzail team effect: Action: Corrupt this unit to deal 1 damage to target unit in any battlefield

Protective Sprite effect: Attach to a target unit you control. This card enters play with 3 resources token on it. If attached unit is dealt damage, remove a resource token from this card instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless the card text includes a limitation and/or trigger condition, you can use an action whenever and how often you like, provided you can pay the costs, and have legal targets. So yes, you could use the two Jezzail Teams' actions in different phases or even different turns (yours and your opponent's). If you have a way to restore them, you can even use one Jezzail Team's action multiple times in the same turn or phase.

There's no need to though. Even if you put both actions on the same chain, they are still two distinct effects. The target won't be be dealt 2 damage, it will be dealt 1 damage two times, each of them (potentially, see below) resulting in the loss of a token from Protective Spites.

Note though that Protective Spites has received errata: "... If attached unit would be dealt damage, you may remove a resource token from this card instead." So if the unit can handle the damage, its controller might prefer not to use a token to prevent a single point of damage.

Also note that if you attack the zone in which the unit with Protective Spites is, your opponent can choose not to defend with that unit, so you still might not be able to damage it. You attack zones, not units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AAron G
United States
Tallmadge
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for posting your helpfull information

We were going through the rules, and that is how we played it but we just wanted a second opinion of it.....I seperate the Jezzail team units because I can only remove one token per damage, so doing both at once only removes one token. seperating the cards between phases allows me to remove more tokens in a single turn.

another question: my opponent has a support card on kingdom side(name escapes me atm) that he can put a token on it to gain hammers if one or more unit(s) are destroyed.

So here is the situation: I damage a unit for 2, the unit can sustain 3 damage before being destroyed. If I play a card that drops his hit points down to 2 at a later point is the card considered destroyed or put out of play. I say out of play due to the card was not in combat when it was KO'ed. its important because his support card states the units must be destroyed in order to get a token. I have other cards that allow benefits if units are taken out of play. So I know there must be a destinction here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoUrden wrote:
I seperate the Jezzail team units because I can only remove one token per damage, so doing both at once only removes one token. seperating the cards between phases allows me to remove more tokens in a single turn.

Again, it is impossible to use them both at once. They are always two separate effects that deal their damage separately, not combined.

Quote:
another question: my opponent has a support card on kingdom side(name escapes me atm) that he can put a token on it to gain hammers if one or more unit(s) are destroyed.

So here is the situation: I damage a unit for 2, the unit can sustain 3 damage before being destroyed. If I play a card that drops his hit points down to 2 at a later point is the card considered destroyed or put out of play. I say out of play due to the card was not in combat when it was KO'ed. its important because his support card states the units must be destroyed in order to get a token. I have other cards that allow benefits if units are taken out of play. So I know there must be a destinction here.

Units don't need to be in combat to be destroyed. They are destroyed when an effect says they are (Wight Lord), or when they have at least as much damage tokens on them as they have hit points. The latter is what happened in your example. The unit is destroyed because it has 2 damage and 2 HP, and Garden of Morr gets a token.

"Leave play" means going from "in play" (your kingdom, quest, and battlefield zones, as well as your capital board in the case of legends) to "out of play" (your deck, hand, and discard pile). A unit that is destroyed leaves play, and so does one that is returned to your hand for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AAron G
United States
Tallmadge
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well i was right on one and he was right on one. thank you for the info

AG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.