Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... Bang! without player elimination!? Count me in!! Player elimination in Bang! is what keeps me from playing it more often so this sounds like an amazing Idea!! I just hope they drop the Bang! from the title and just call it Samurai Sword or something similar - especially since it is a stand alone game and not an expansion (nor could anything be used for the original game).

Anyone know if the U.S. release will coincide with the Essen release?

I'm super excited to see more info in the coming months!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was unaware of this game, and only saw it because I am subscribed to the Bang family. Thanks for mentioning this! Is there anyplace to read up on details?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Count me in, so long as there is not incentive to hang back, so no one engages for the first half of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure I like the idea of "bang without player elimination", but we'll see how it turns out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
is this the same as this game?

Samurai Legend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Coe
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eunoia wrote:

Samurai Legend

Samurai Legend w/ Google Translate
It references Bang twice, but I'm not convinced it is the same game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dV Giochi
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eunoia wrote:

Samurai Legend

No, this is not the same game; Samurai Legend is a fake. dV Giochi is already taking legal action in order to solve the matter.

Samurai Sword will be released all over Europe at the end of October, and will be available in the U.S. about two months later (due to shipping time and customs clearance requirements).

Here's some more details about this new game: http://www.dvgiochi.com/eventinews.cfm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Crimson_Phoenix wrote:
Hmmm... Bang! without player elimination!? Count me in!! Player elimination in Bang! is what keeps me from playing it more often so this sounds like an amazing Idea!! I just hope they drop the Bang! from the title and just call it Samurai Sword or something similar - especially since it is a stand alone game and not an expansion (nor could anything be used for the original game).

Turns out that the name is Samurai Sword. While the game is listed on the press release as "BANG! Samurai Sword", the publisher has clarified that "BANG!" is to identify the family history and is not part of the game name.

Crimson_Phoenix wrote:

I posted about this on BGG News: "Italian publisher dV Giochi has announced its release plans for late 2012, with two titles debuting at Spiel 2012, being released in Europe in late October 2012, and appearing in the U.S. around December 2012."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lee
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! I am definitely pumped for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Yamashita
United States
North Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
My friends and I love Bang!, so we're definitely looking forward to this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mays'n F
Austria
flag msg tools
To keep it short. Bang is a boardgame classic and the combination of the bang mechanics with feudal japan seems perfect.

I'm hyped
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what will be the the innuendo in this version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
what will be the the innuendo in this version?

"Sword" is a good start!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Unruh
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They had this in Enlish at Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news?
I'm still waiting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh I'm going to have to remove this game from my CSI order if it holds up Clash of Cultures and Star Wars LCG. I had a feeling this might happen with such a lack of information about it's release on here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
dacool561 wrote:
I had a feeling this might happen with such a lack of information about it's release on here.

Lack of information? The publisher has noted that the game is due out in the U.S. in December 2012. Given the vagaries of shipping time and customs clearance, I don't think dV Giochi can give a more detailed date until those hurdles have been cleared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, guess I'm just spoiled from a few of the other games I'm tracking (Clash of Cultures, Agents of Smersh) have been able to give more details, it's nothing against dVG. And who knows whens the Star Wars LCG will be out so I'm probably just making a big huff for nothing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ing
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
W Eric Martin wrote:

Crimson_Phoenix wrote:

I posted about this on BGG News: "Italian publisher dV Giochi has announced its release plans for late 2012, with two titles debuting at Spiel 2012, being released in Europe in late October 2012, and appearing in the U.S. around December 2012."

Has there been any new updates about the release date? I asked the place I preordered the game from (miniaturemarket.com) and they did not even have a general idea when it will come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I know off. I have no evidence to base this on, but I can't help think that the Port Strike in California might be the culprit holding this game up. I hope the strike ends soon and a flood of games shall be released into the wilds! =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ing
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I heard that some ships went on to different ports after a wait... so hopefully it shouldn't delay it too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ing
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
It is out in the US!
Too bad i have to wait until another board game comes in since the site i ordered from ships everything at once :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.