Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ?» Forums » Variants

Subject: What is the "strong horse and zakat" variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Mont
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I have looked online for variants for Labyrinth and I see lots of references to a "strong horse and zakat" variant, but nothing that says what the rules to this variant actually are. What are the rules to this variant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Published in C3i #25. US gets a Strong Horse chit - he can use it to reset his Prestige to 5, or add 2 to the value of "Good" regimes if held to game's end. Jihadist gets a Zakat chit - he can use it to reset Funding to 5, or add 1 to the value of "Islamic Rule" regimes if held to game's end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suicide puppet
msg tools
mb
And if you are interested in the material you need to grab a copy of the issue before it goes out of print. With the exception of Volko Ruhnke’s “Jihadist Activities Refined” insert the issue is the only place you will find the remaining Labyrinth material (including the designers notes, I believe, as well).

I just ordered it all at the same time. #25 may be the best issue they have done for inserts (unless you are a long time reader and own SPQR-early issues were loaded with material for it) by including another introductory wargame and a postcard wargame (I bought #23 at the same time because it was actually cheaper to get #23 which includes Jena 20 than to buy the game from Victory Point Games. Plus the magazine is a great read.

Now if I could just figure out how to get Battles magazine for less than $50 a copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.