Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
David... you're head must be exploding with ideas. If you ever sit down and take a few of them to completion, you're going to have some awesome games on your hand!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Archery?
Have you considered making an archery game? You could use a lot of the same ideas, and then the idea of different bullets, which is a bit of stretch thematically, could become a quiver of various arrows. Plus once you enter into that area, you can start to expand the idea fantasy-wise and have magic arrows and stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrows are also inherently a lot more flexible than bullets as far as additional effects go. Just off the top of my head I can think of a few classes of bullets: Regular, Armor Piercing, Hollow Point, Jacketed

Arrows off the top of my head: Regular, Flaming, Poisoned, Serrated, Barbed, Broad-head

and you can vary materials as well: Stone, Steel, Bronze, Iron.

Good thematic foundations for an interesting game focused on ammo use and arrow management. If you wanted a cool concept to run with you could always roughly base it on the Green Arrow (superhero) and see where you get with the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fahl
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No, I can't tell you....it's a secret.
badge
Mudflaps
mb
Quote:
It sort of defeats the ammo limit thing thematically though.

How about different sized quivers?

Could also use different bow types as well: short bow, long bow, compound bow, crossbow....

I like your idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.