Popular Tags: [View All]
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems people are enjoying this concept, so let's keep it up! Maybe we can even get some new people to participate this month.

The Contest
There are hundreds of cards available now for the game, but not all of them see much play. The goal of this contest is for players to challenge themselves and find creative and fun uses for overlooked cards. The challenge is to create a deck that utilizes the strengths of the specific card in the overall deck strategy. Do not just take a card and plop it into an already existing Reclaim the Fallen or Dark Elf hit point reduction deck.

Post your decks, with an explanation of how the deck should work in this thread. The deck submission time will be open from Now until August 26th. From August 26th until the end of the month there will be a poll for people to vote on which deck they think is the best.

The Prize
I am not really doing anything to generate geekgold, so I can offer up 1GG for the prize. Plus, any geekgold tipped to this thread will also go to the winner. I guess it is not a huge prize, but this is all for fun anyway.

This Month's Card

The first month had a neutral order card, last month had a neutral destruction card, so it seems only right that this month we offer up a neutral card that any faction can use. The mountain brigands are cheap enough to rush, but they also have an unusual, thematic, and highly contextual ability. Can you find some unique way to use this card and take advantage of it's ability to complement astrategy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Squig
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
It's from a movie.
mbmbmbmb
I am so IN! Check this bad mammajamma out, Empire Capital Board with the following cards (http://deckbox.org/sets/217093):
(50 cards)

3x Mountain Brigands
3x Peasant Militia
3x Stirland Deathjacks
3x Averheim Soldiers
3x Emperor's Chosen
2x Sons of Coin
3x Osterknacht Elite
3x Friedrich Hemmler
3x Winged Riders of Kislev

3x Waiting in Ambush
3x Call for Reserves
3x Chain Lightning
3x Forced March

3x Contested Village
3x Derricksburg Forge
3x The Imperial Zoo
3x Runefang of Drakwald (not on deckbox as of this posting)

So what you want to do is try to have 2 resources consistently on your opponent's turn. You can then Chain Lightning attackers or Forced March their units around, which in it's own right is totally annoying, and also gets them concerned about your two resources.

The way to use the Brigands is you want to wait for your opponent to gather their resources then play either Waiting in Ambush or Call for Reserves to bring in the Mountain Brigands. This is, I suppose, an expensive way for the Empire to play the equivalent of the Dark Elf card "Hate". So not only are you screwing with your opponent's economy through Forced March and killing their attackers with Chain Lightning, but you are stealing their money outright before they can play units or supports.

Once you've established some sort of economy dominance you can punch the opponent's capital directly in the face with Hemmler, Winged Riders, and all the other units (which have good cost : power ratios). Giving any of these units the Runefang will lead to further beatings.

The Brigands in a control-ish sort of deck doesn't have a real place since they are inefficient to play on your own turn, but in this sort of damage-based deck they are a cool trick. I'm actually going to build and play this deck just to execute that trick.

Thanks again for organizing. If I win by default I will give all my winnings back to SeanXor for next month's contest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Squig
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
It's from a movie.
mbmbmbmb
Will no one challenge this mighty deck of might??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.