Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The game arrived and it was a fun experience playing the soccer game. My kids just loved it.
I also gotten the hockey players and must say it is a whole other level. A little more tactical than the soccer version. Very entertaining game and worth the wait!
Thanks for Bringing this to our shores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the review, any of you who missed out on the Hockey Set and want to add it, they are available now!

http://maydaygames.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=weykick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Canar
United States
Des Plaines
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep,

everything delivered as promised and my kids love it. The hockey, soccer and special characters are all terrific.

Despite the angst with waiting, I will give credit where credit is due. In the final analysis, Mayday does deliver.

thx,
jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mitchell
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Do I have overtext?
badge
Yes I do.
mbmbmbmbmb
Through all the Seth bashing, the usual complaints are
1) broken promises about time
2) broken promises about price/availability/exclusivity and
3) unwillingness to stand behind product quality (or at least difficulty getting satisfaction with quality complaints)
4) general shady forum behaviour

In my case, I was willing to deal with #1, I don't care about #2 so much (if I'm getting what I paid for at the price I was willing to pay, I don't care about what others are being asked to pay for the same thing etc.) and #3 I was reasonably confident wouldn't be a problem with this one. #4 usually comes down to extremely poor handling of #s 1-3.

I will say that Seth came through in the end, the product arrived as described, and I'm very happy with it. It may have taken a lot longer than originally promised, but I expected that going in. I'm not always willing to put up with those types of delays (and certainly it was a lot of money to float for a long time...) but in this case, I judged the risk to be worth it to me.

For what it's worth, I think Seth is genuinely trying to make a go of running his business, and provide fair value for money. He's just not very good at keeping track of promises that he makes, which is a problem given how much he likes making promises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fresquez
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any problems with their boards? Mine seems to have a hump I guess cause all I seem to be playing is the sides which hurts our knuckles after awhile. I tried placing stuff to weigh down the middle but ended up hurting the paint job on the Green soccer version. If anyone has any hints I would appreciate it. I bought the hockey players too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.