Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to have some down time from group gaming for awhile and will be doing some travelling...so after looking at VPG State of Siege Series for several years, I've decided to buy 2 for sure, maybe 3, and wanted assistance in selecting.

I want a selection of historically based games that all have slightly different feel, challenging play, some meaningful decison-making, but play 45 minutes or less.

What I've read so far about each has me leaning toward the following:

Zulus on the Ramparts
Ottoman Sunset
Keep up the Fire
Empires in America

Which games would compliment one another and not be too'samey'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael dorazio
United States
Tyngsboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm not sure how much this will help as I've only played Zulus, but ZULUS!!!!

Fantastic game with many nuances that don't reveal themselves right away. After ten games I'm still seeing brand new aspects of the game and combinations of cards - not simply practicing a tired strategy to improve my high score. And the theme is really felt the whole time. Tense to the end. Forty five minutes is about right too.

I own 8 VPG games (including Empires in America), and I've played Zulus, Nemo's War and Legions of Darkness so far. Of course Ottoman and Fire are on my want list, so I'm right there with you.

Empires in America is a Miranda game like Zulus on the Ramparts; it's probably pretty sweet. Just gotta try out my copy ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.